Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Database Structure and logic

Database Structure and logic 3 years 8 months ago #54816

• robeppef
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
(sorry for my bad english)
I want to development a java based tool to analyze the results of various limesurvey-surveys, export them into various formats and calculate different measures etc.
Therefore I want to readout the corresponding database tables and parse them into my java datastructure...
Unfortunately I experience problems - the structure of surveys lokks a little bit tricky (e.g. what do the type-characters of questions mean?). Why is an answer sometimes a row in a question-table and so on... Where can I find a documentation for the database structure and its behaviour?
Thanks a lot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Database Structure and logic 3 years 8 months ago #54825

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
If you just need the survey results a simple "SELECT * FROM lime_survey_12345" (12345 = surveyID) should do the trick.

Also have a look at the createfieldmap() function.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Database Structure and logic 3 years 1 month ago #65020

this was helpful, however, I have one question to add to this. (Sorry for bringing up an old thread, by the way).

When you "SELECT * FROM lime_survey_12345" the results look like they tie back to the 'Code' field in the answers table. I'm not very good with linking tables, so how would I link the survey responses to the appropriate answers so show the answer that was selected rather than the code of the answer selected.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Donation Image