Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working

Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53308

• dragxslay
  • Fresh Lemon
I've got an Array (Numbers) type question that is set as mandatory, but I'm able to bypass the question without answering it. Is this a bug in the survey app?

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix the logic testing on the mandatory questions for Array (Numbers) if this is the case? Thank you in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53312

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...

1. Give as much information as possible

2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.

3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53552

• dragxslay
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi,

Thanks for the feedback. I posted in the bug tracker here: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=4793

I would be happy to try and resolve the problem myself and submit it back to the project for inclusion, but I need someone with more in depth knowledge of the error checking process that can explain to me how the array portion with checkboxes works and where I should focus my efforts. Thanks in advance!

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53560

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
I have a question for mandatory with checkbox.

For checkbox, i think it's difficult to have a mandatory question, it's why we have minimum answer for multi choice option.

For array: Mandatory mean : one answer for each line or for each column ?

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53582

• lemeur
  • LimeSurvey Team
Mandatory for array questions: means at least one answer per line (except for the by-column variant of array-label questions).

But as far as Array-Numerical with "Checkbox-layout" are concerned, it is not possible to say if the user has answered "unchecked" or if he has not answered.

Thibault

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53591

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
lemeur wrote:
Mandatory for array questions: means at least one answer per line (except for the by-column variant of array-label questions).

But as far as Array-Numerical with "Checkbox-layout" are concerned, it is not possible to say if the user has answered "unchecked" or if he has not answered.

Thibault
So if I got that right it doesn't matter if a Array-Numerical with "Checkbox-layout" question is set to mandatory or not?
Because currently you can click next without any warning at this question type even if the question is set to be mandatory.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53607

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
lemeur wrote:

Thibault
My question aren't for dev, but for user :)

dragxslay: what is for you a array checkbox mandatory ?
1 answer for all array ?
1 answer for each line ?

I think it's good to have a
Min answer by line / min answer by column / min|max answer whole aray etc ... (and it's more difficult)

But put a mandatory in a array checkbox aren't good for whole user.

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53638

• dragxslay
  • Fresh Lemon
Well, if I set it to mandatory, the idea is that I want at least one answer for each line. So in my example survey (www.araxam.com/limesurvey/index.php?sid=76251&lang=en) question 2, each type of tire needs to have 1 or more checkboxes checked off.

If this is not possible as part of the limesurvey project, how can I modify my copy of the script to enforce this? Thanks!!

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53730

• dragxslay
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Lemeur,

I understand what you're saying and it's definitely valid - technically "unchecked" is an answer. However, if I set the question to mandatory, shouldn't that technically say that "unanswered" is not an acceptable answer anymore? Just a thought - do the drop downs allow a blank answer if set to mandatory? Thanks!

Re:Array (Numbers) Mandatory not working 3 years 9 months ago #53855

• dragxslay
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi,

So the folks handling the bugs are claiming this isn't a bug because checkboxes can be 0/1. I don't buy this theory because mandatory should enforce some type of answer. Regardless, I understand their position and if they don't want to fix it in the code of the project, I still need to add a fix to my sample for this.

Would you or someone else be able to point me to the spot in the error checking where I can add a work around for this problem in my code?

Thank you in advance!!
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Donation Image