Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unable to export results - 500 Internal Server Err

Unable to export results - 500 Internal Server Err 3 years 10 months ago #50892

Hello everyone

We've been using LimeSurvey for a few months, and we recently set up a survey for our customers to fill in. Whilst the survey was running, we attempted to export results, and it failed with a 500 Internal Server Error. We had a look through the bugs etc, and saw that it was a potential issue with extra characters in v1.87, so we decided to upgrade to v1.90 which supposedly resolves this, but we would wait until just before we were ready to deactivate the survey. That time has now come, and so today I upgraded LimeSurvey to v1.97 build 9229, and after the upgrade, when everything came back, I tried to export the results again and it all failed. I have tried to a .csv, an Excel file, and Word, to no avail. The error that I keep getting is as follows:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, *************** and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? Where would I find the error log so that I can have a look through it?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

DS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unable to export results - 500 Internal Server Err 3 years 10 months ago #50900

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
error_log are , in linux somewhere in
/var/log/apache/error* or /var/log/httpd/error*

It's the server error log. whithout this log, we can't help you.

Re:Unable to export results - 500 Internal Server Err 3 years 10 months ago #50903

Since my last post, I have managed to get the data out by exporting 15 - 20 records at a time. Anything over this number causes the 500 Internal Server Error. I'm not sure why this is, but I can workaround the issue at least...

Re:Unable to export results - 500 Internal Server Err 3 years 10 months ago #50938

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
1. Please check the error log, are there any errors mentioned?

2. Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

Are there any additional errors reported on top of the page?

3. Try to raise max_execution_time and memorylimit setting at your server config.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Donation Image