Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

question codes update warning & browser back button message

• envitera
  • envitera's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #114361 by envitera
Why those warnings trigger?
  • Attention: Several question codes were updated. Please check these carefully as the update may not be perfect with customized expressions.
  • Title of subquestion SQ003 was updated to r349sq1.

This warning appears after importing or copying a particular survey.
But then while browsing through the questions it doesn't seem that any subquestion name was really updated with a new code (in this case "r349sq1").

Could these be a sign for some kind of mismatch? I'm applying to this message "Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page."( similar issue here ) I can take this away only if I delete half of the questions in my survey. Until then the survey is not browsable.

LS Version: 2.05+
The topic has been locked.
  • envitera
More
9 years 4 months ago #114373 by envitera
I've done some testing and regarding the second part of my question - the browsing message, this is a memory limit issue covered in the resources and limitations of the LS manual.

By increasing the default value of the the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file the message stops appearing. Now if the survey is hosted on a server with limited access, this is another question.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 4 months ago #114466 by Mazi
@2: Please add some instructions about that error and how to solve it to our manual.

@1: This is also a server configuration issue, I had the exact same problem and from my experience there is nothing you can do about it. But you can simply ignore it.
There is also a related bug report at bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8978

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • envitera
More
9 years 4 months ago #114476 by envitera
@2: In my case that was a memory_limit parameter in php.ini. I increased the value to 256M on the local server and the message "Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page." was gone. My solution was to decrease the number of fields in a multiple short text question used for defining sub-questions. The predefined sub-questions take part in most of the following questions. There are finally 104 questions, many of them are type array-multi-flexi and reaching some kind of limit isn't difficult.

With memorylimit set to 256M or higher browsing through questions gets slow or at least less responsive. I think letting this at 128M is the best choice. Calculating the overall survey capacity is another part. If it's really so large then the survey should be divided into two separate surveys.

@1: I agree about the ignoring part. I can't say for certain this is related to the issue @2, but after the survey "fits" in the expected resources limits, this warning doesn't appear anymore after importing. Therefore, it's good to know if a user gets this warning the survey might induce unforseen problems.
  • Mazi
More
9 years 4 months ago #114477 by Mazi
@2: Please add this to the "installation FAQ" or any other matching page at manual.limesurvey.org so others can benefit from your findings as well (the forum is cleared every few months).

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose