Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

how do i hide the welcome screen in the other pages

More
9 years 4 months ago #113731 by cns00
when i press test survey first survey title, welcome message and description show in the page and then i click next to start the survey. i am dividing it into question groups

after i click next to start the first question group the survey title, welcome message and description move to the top of the page and under it the questions. it's like that for all the pages

i only want the survey title, welcome message and description to show in the first screen that i see and when i click on next to start the survey i want only the title to remain and welcome message and description to go away

how do i do that?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #113736 by holch
The welcome message should only show on the welcome page. If not, there is something wrong with your installation or your template.

What template are you using?

Can you give access to a survey with this problem or at least show some screenshots?

Where did you put your welcome message?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #113738 by cns00
i am using the default template

welcome.png is the welcome screen

questions.png is the screen that has questions. as you can see the text on the welcome screen is on the top

if u need access then i will send it to u by private message
  • holch
More
9 years 4 months ago #113743 by holch
Looks like you are using a modified template. Did you change anything in the template?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
9 years 4 months ago #113744 by cns00
i sent u a private message
  • holch
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #113745 by holch
You should put the welcome text into the "welcome" text box, not into the description (leave this one empty).

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by holch.
  • holch
More
9 years 4 months ago #113746 by holch
I had added a screenshot, but there was too much information included (welcome text, survey URL), so I excluded it again. But I think you will understand what I mean?

More
9 years 4 months ago #113749 by cns00
i understood u and it worked. thanks :)

i am now using an old build. a new build came out few days ago. how do i upgrade?

i installed lime survey through softaculus in my host control panel. i asked the host support how to update. they said softaculus will give me a notification when new build is released, but until now nothing
  • holch
More
9 years 4 months ago #113754 by holch
Installations via some kind of installer like softaculus are always tricky, because we do not know what they have done to the installation.

However, Limesurvey includes a simple update system.

Click on "global settings" (the little tool symbol).

On the bottom of this screen you should see something like "update". check for updates, if there is one for your installation, you can use the 3 click update function, which in my experience runs very smooth.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose