Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Screenouts

• holch
  • holch's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #113359 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Screenouts
You should always test your survey before sending it out, with all the different options.

Your respondents should be redirected if you made the right adaptations. If you don't make the right configurations, then they will only be presented with the link to the end url.

Important is to mark "Automatically load URL when survey complete?", then respondents will automatically redirected to this end url.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #113360 by meeko434
Replied by meeko434 on topic Screenouts
I have tested it several times, but I thought screenouts are only available on active surveys, I haven't made my survey active to teat the screenout.
  • holch
More
9 years 5 months ago #113361 by holch
You should also test the screenouts. No one can give you a guarantee if it works. It should, but you never know.

Activate the survey, try the screenouts. This is tedious work, but that is how things work. For ANY research tool. Part of the business.

At the end of the day, YOU need to make sure that everything is running alright. Limesurvey can only give you the tool.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
9 years 5 months ago #113371 by meeko434
I have tested out my screenouts and they are not working. I have four screening questions as I presented previously. I know that quotas can not apply to multiple questions so I set the first question to terminate if the answer is No. Which did not work. The combination question I used the script Tpartner supplied me and that is the only screenout that is working. For instance if someone answers No to question 2 they are able to pass on, which needs to be terminated. Do I need to set the hidden equation using all 4 questions? My screenout criteria is if a participant answers No to question 1 and/or 2 and also if they answer White and Non-Hispanic...is there any way I can do this?
  • holch
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #113373 by holch
Well, unfortunately your questions are not here in this thread, so it is a little difficult to follow.

How did you set the screenouts for the simple questions?

A quota that has the value "0" (zero)?

Could you make your survey (or at least the screenout part) available? Because it is quite difficult to find out what is going wrong like this.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by holch.
More
9 years 5 months ago #113375 by meeko434
Here are my questions and the quota information I put in. My exclusions are that if someone answers No to questions 1 and/or 2 they are to be redirected to the end message. Also if they answer White AND No to the Hispanic origin question, that is the reason I used the hidden equation. If someone was to answer say African American and No to Hispanic I want them to be included
  • holch
More
9 years 5 months ago #113376 by holch
You have set 1 quota with 4 different answers. This is a AND relationship, which means you would only screenout if you say

"No" to question 1 AND
"No" to question 2 AND
"White" to question 3 AND
"No" to question 4.

Only if you answer the 4 questions exactly like that the screenout would work.

You need to create a quota for EACH of these.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose