Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array Filter and evaluation of results

• stuttgarter
  • stuttgarter's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112146 by stuttgarter
Array Filter and evaluation of results was created by stuttgarter
I have created a survey to know lecturers performance and every student has to evaluate 3 lecturers.

Group1:
Q1: Lecturer A, B, C, D, E
Q2: Lecturer's performance (choosen one from above)

Group2:
Q3: Lecturer A, B, C, D, E (all lecturers will be displayed excluding the one chosen in Q1 via array filter)
Q4: Lecturer's performance (choosen one from a pool of four in Q3)

Group3:
Q5: Lecturer A, B, C, D, E (rest 3 lecturers will be displayed via array filter)
Q6: Lecturer's performance (choosen one from a pool of three in Q5)

Problem: I am facing problem in evaluating the performance of each lecturer, because sometime one lecturer is chosen in group 1 sometimes in group 2 and sometimes in group 3

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated as 25% of students have already evaluated and evaluation is becoming critical as some 60 students still have to fill it.

Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #112300 by Bigred01
Replied by Bigred01 on topic Array Filter and evaluation of results
group one
q1 = multiple choice (set to minimum 1 answer)
q2 = has the same answer codes as their corresponding multiple choice question. add the correct SIDXGIDXq1Id (ex. survey id is 12345, group id is 789, q1 question id is 10 so it would look like 12345X789X10)to the array filter option in q2 (advanced settings).

group two
q3 = multiple choice. add the correct SIDXGIDXq1Id to the array filter exclusion option. (set to minimum 1 answer)
q4 = has the same answer codes as their corresponding multiple choice question. add the correct SIDXGIDXq3Id to the array filter option in q4.

group three
q5 = multiple choice. add the correct SIDXGIDXq1Id and SIDXGIDXq3Id to the array filter exclusion option. Make sure you separate them with a semi colon. (set to minimum 1 answer)
q6 = has the same answer codes as their corresponding multiple choice question. add the correct SIDXGIDXq5Id to the array filter option in q6.

Every item that is being filtered must have the same answer code as the item filtering it.

Array filter exclusion will remove the item selected, array filter will only show the item selected.

You can only filter questions with a multiple choice question.

If you are not using multiple choice questions and you cant take the survey offline to add one, you will need to do this with javascript to hide the options/rows you don't want them to see. Be weary of mandatory logic if you end up hiding stuff though (ex, hide an array row, it will still be mandatory thus stopping people from proceeding)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Bigred01.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112397 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Array Filter and evaluation of results

stuttgarter wrote: Problem: I am facing problem in evaluating the performance of each lecturer, because sometime one lecturer is chosen in group 1 sometimes in group 2 and sometimes in group 3

Idea:
- Add 5 equation question type (one for each Lecturer)
- In the equation for lecturer A: put this equation:
Code:
{if(Q1.NAOK=="A",Q2.NAOK,"")}{if(Q3.NAOK=="A",Q4.NAOK,"")}{if(Q5.NAOK=="A",Q5.NAOK,"")}
etc ...
- You get the good "Lecturer's performance" in each column for each Lecturer

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated as 25% of students have already evaluated and evaluation is becoming critical as some 60 students still have to fill it.

You can not do it after survey is activated. You can deactivate survey and reactivate after and import old response table (or VV file).

After, maybe you can try www.limesurvey.org/en/extensions/68-recomputeexpression to update Equation question text for the first answers

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • stuttgarter
  • stuttgarter's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112442 by stuttgarter
Replied by stuttgarter on topic Array Filter and evaluation of results
Thank you Denis and Bigred, I will test it today.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose