Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form?

CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form? 2 weeks 6 days ago #111945

• w0928
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
Can anyone help me with this? I'm not having the best of luck. I'm referring to the text box that shows up when you have a multiple choice or radio button question with the "OTHER" option enabled. What I would like to do is have the text box stretch to fill the rest of the line.

I've tried with=100% and that was too much. I also tried messing with display:table, table-cell, etc for the list item that the text input appears in, the check box, and the label. I think this is the right way but I just can't get it right.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form? 2 weeks 6 days ago #111961

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
What template are you using?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form? 2 weeks 6 days ago #111965

• w0928
  • Junior Lime
Hi. I'm using the 'basic' one. Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by w0928.

CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form? 2 weeks 6 days ago #111968

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
I don't see away to do that with pure CSS.

I suppose you could use JavaScript to insert <span> elements and manipulate their widths on resize.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: w0928

CSS to make the Option Other Text Input stretch to fill the width of the form? 2 weeks 6 days ago #111975

• w0928
  • Junior Lime
This worked. Thank you.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image