Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

"Resume later" for not anonymous survey without token-based response persistence

• vipgroup
  • vipgroup's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111573 by vipgroup
Dear all!

May be somebody can help me with one problem in LS with the function "Resume later" and advise any solution. I have a Open access survey with NOT anonymized responses, Allow multiple responses - YES, Enable token-based response persistence - NO. All questions in the survey have some showing conditions. I use the last version of LS (2.05+, Build 140730).

The problem is, if any respondent wants to use the function "Resume later". After entering all necessary information, he receives a link to questionnaire. After clicking the link to continue answering after some time, there are no any questions in the opened questionnaire (see attachment), only title of question group.

Clicking Back or Forward didn't help too usually.

I have read in the Manual, that if we are using tokens and the survey is not anonymous in most cases it is better to activate 'Token-based response persistence' in the token tab, but there are some conditions, why we have to enable multiple responses and disable token-based response persistence.

Anybody know how to solve this problem?

BR, Andrew
The topic has been locked.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111576 by fransmarcelissen
Do you have conditions on the groups and/or on the questions? Could the questions be hidden?
Frans
The following user(s) said Thank You: vipgroup
  • vipgroup
More
9 years 7 months ago #111577 by vipgroup
Yes, Frans, I have conditions to all questions and all questions are hidden by default. Is it a problem?
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111578 by fransmarcelissen
Could it be that (for one reason or another) the condition is FALSE, when returning to the questionnaire? Is it possible to change the condition so that(in a test) the condition is TRUE?
Frans
  • vipgroup
More
9 years 7 months ago #111579 by vipgroup
All questions have conditions like "Show Q2, if Q1 = 1". I don't know, is it FALSE or TRUE.
I had an idea, that conditions could be the reason, but I have used LS for 3 years, and have used it for other surveys with conditions too, and everything worked correctly.
The difference of this survey is token-based survey with multiple response possibility for each token, but without possibility to update saved responses. It means, that if a respondent with token "abcde" will fill in the questionnaire 3 times, there will be 3 responses in the response base.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #111588 by fransmarcelissen
I don't understand the structure of your questionnaire. You say that the questionnaire can be resumed, but not updated? That sounds as a contradiction. If you want users to get an empty questionnaire, "resume later" should be off.

Are you sure the relevance conditions are correct? What is Q1? I suppose it is a question? I also use conditions very often, and it works perfectly, but it is very easy to make mistakes (like writing Q1==1 or Q1="Y" instead of Q1 == "Y")
If you want us to look at it, you could post (part of) the questionnaire as .lss?
Frans
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by fransmarcelissen.
  • vipgroup
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #111590 by vipgroup
The structure (.lss in RAR, too large file) of survey is attached, but the survey is in Latvian and Russian. We don't have English version. It will be added later.

I use Conditions designer to make conditions for questions, that's why to my mind conditions are correct.
The survey is active now, and we didn't detect any errors in conditions.
I agree, that the structure of questionnaire is not usual - using tokens (~30), but for all token is allowed multiple response. It seems, that the unusual structure could be the main reason for "Resume later" function's incorrect working.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...7222.rar
File Size:76 KB
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by vipgroup.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111593 by fransmarcelissen
Hi Andrew,
I installed your questionnaire and as far as I see it works as expected. See oud.dpvragenlijst.nl/limesurvey/index.ph.../alaslkalksa/lang/lv
Each time I follow the link I get a fresh survey.
Does the error also occur if you use the link above?
One question: if the error occurs, do you have the admin open, on the same computer? In that case you have two sessions open. I noticed some strange behaviour in such a case. In that case, try it from another computer.
Frans
  • vipgroup
More
9 years 7 months ago #111596 by vipgroup
Well, everything is working correctly and I don't see any errors. You are right, each time you follow the link you get a fresh survey - multiple response possibility for each token.
I use two browsers, for instance, Firefox for administrator and Opera or Chrome for respondents.
The problem will start, if you try to use "Resume later" (Aizpildīt vēlāk) option (it seems, that it was disabled, you should enable it). After filling the form, the respondents receive a link to the survey, but after clicking on it, there are no any questions in the questionnaire, only title of question group, as I showed in the print screen.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111598 by fransmarcelissen
Why do you enable "resume later"? Resume later means updating the answers and that is not what you want. As far as I understand "my" questionnaire does exactly what you want?
Frans
  • vipgroup
More
9 years 7 months ago #111600 by vipgroup
You see, the questionnaire is very long, it takes 20-30 minutes. Some respondents want to save their not completed responses and continue answering the questionnaire later. That's why we need this function to save not completed responses and allow to continue later.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #111602 by fransmarcelissen
Am I correct that you want three things at the same time:
1. "resume later".
2. Not be able to correct answers
3. when a questionnaire is competed, resuming with the same key=get a fresh questionnaire.
I do not know whether all three at the same time is possible.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose