Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Conditional branching; rapid prototyping

Conditional branching; rapid prototyping 4 weeks 1 day ago #111844

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 326
120h is quite a bit, you must have quite a complicated survey.

We always try to help, but it is always better to have a specific problem. I don't really understand your problem described above.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dglp

Conditional branching; rapid prototyping 4 weeks 1 day ago #111851

• dglp
  • Fresh Lemon
It's not a complicated survey - it's probably about as simple as they come. Probably too simple to have considered as an example in the manual. It's just a bunch of forward jumps. But it's laborious typing it out in order to test the expressions. So I've spent about 90 of those hours just monkeying with the coding.

The expression example I put up earlier was meant to describe a jump from either of two answers, in the form of ((Question1 AND Answer 1) OR (Question 3 AND Answer 1)). The survey looks like it will have 3 or 4 extraordinarily long expressions of this sort, where any of over 20 questions will jump to the same point later in the survey. I expect it to look like ((Question1 AND Answer 1) OR (Question 3 AND Answer 1) OR (Question 7 AND Answer 1) OR ... (Question 19 AND Answer 1) OR (Question 25 AND Answer 1)).

But I have given my questions the same variable names as the question groups they are in. This may be why some of the jumps fail. Group 1 is called Access, Question 1 is also called Access. When I named them I did not understand the limitation about naming variables for use by Expression Manager. I still don't know anything beyond that one fact.

So I need to go back and rename all of the questions. Or find some other way of specifying the target in EM.

So I asked if I could use another identifier like QID. That didn't work, so I will go back and rename the questions. THen see if there are other jump failures from as-yet-unknown reasons.

Conditional branching; rapid prototyping 4 weeks 44 minutes ago #111905

• dglp
  • Fresh Lemon
Here's a puzzler.

On a survey logic display, the order of group labels are displaced part way through the survey.

Initially, Group rows are Followed by Question rows and Answer rows.
At one point, the Group Name shifts, and shows up after the Answer rows.
The GID does not shift.

In short, only the label is displaced.

Here's a simplified diagram of the shift.

20140826_230630.jpg

It looks as though the move of Question1 into Group 0 has caused the Group 1 label to displace onto the Group 2 row.

Is that right?
Last Edit: 4 weeks 39 minutes ago by dglp.

Conditional branching; rapid prototyping 3 weeks 6 days ago #111906

• dglp
  • Fresh Lemon
I suppose the answer is that the Reordering Tool doesn't know that a Group requires a Question. It allows me to move any question from one group to another, including the last remaining question.

Conditional branching; rapid prototyping 3 weeks 6 days ago #111907

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 326
You can't jump from one question to another in Limesurvey. You need to hide the questions that should not be shown.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dglp
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image