Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Repeat survey, pre-fill fields with previous answers

• vanislman
  • vanislman's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111091 by vanislman
I want to create a fishing survey, where the user first enters 3-4 generic fields like name, email etc.
After that he needs to answer about 10 questions grouped in 2 survey groups. The user needs to answer these 10 questions for each fish caught, which could be anywhere between 1 and 10 times.

I'm hesitant to use the approach where I would define all these 10 questions multiple times and optionally displaying them, as suggested by "loop" workarounds.

Instead I like to have a link or button after the last question asking the user "Click here to report another fish". This would then launch the same survey again - but for convenience the name, email and other questions have already been filled out. Ideally I would even skip the first question group and use the same answers the user already filled out.

Any idea if and how this is possible with Limesurvey?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111124 by tpartner
1) See "Prefilling survey answers using the survey URL" - manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Surve...using_the_survey_URL

2) You can use Expression Manager to customize the link, appending email, etc. - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Tailoring.2FPiping

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose