Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Exclusive Option

Help with Exclusive Option 4 months 3 weeks ago #109442

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
HI all,

New user to the forum, but I've been using Limesurvey for some time now. I'm having an issue with the "Exclusive option" in multiple choice questions: the other options are not excluded if I check the exclusive one. I know this might be a bug, but maybe I'm just missing something. More data:

- The other options are not excluded automatically when I am answering, but if I continue to the next question and then come back, all other options disappear, and only the exclusive is shown;
- I have used "Exclusive option" before with success - but in previous versions of Limesurvey
- I am using version 2.05+ - and this might be were the problem is
- I am using a Mac, and tested with Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.114) and Safari (Version 6.1.4 (7537.76.4)). In Windows the result is the same.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Exclusive Option 4 months 3 weeks ago #109476

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
Have you tested with a shipped template?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Help with Exclusive Option 4 months 3 weeks ago #109504

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
I have made some changes to the template, but it is the same I used in previous surveys - and then it worked perfectly. That is why I am thinking this might be a 2.05+ bug...

Help with Exclusive Option 4 months 3 weeks ago #109506

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
but it is the same I used in previous surveys - and then it worked perfectly
2.05 uses newer versions of jQuery and jQuery UI which may not be compatible with JavaScript written for 2.0 (some functions/methods have been deprecated or changed). I would look for JavaScript errors in your template.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Help with Exclusive Option 4 months 3 weeks ago #109507

• rduraoc
  • Fresh Lemon
The changes I made to the template were only graphic - add a logo, change some colors - but I've just tried with a default template and it is working now. Thanks!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image