Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Base number of next questions on last answer? Not sure how to ask this...

Base number of next questions on last answer? Not sure how to ask this... 6 months 3 weeks ago #106864

I just started using LimeSurvey the other day, but I need it working by tonight. I love how easy this is to use, but I'm stuck trying to do one thing. I'll do my best to ask my question, as google and the forums have turned up nothing.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do..

Question 1: How many locations do you want to put this image in? (5 point choice)

Question 2: Location 1 [Dropdown with a list of locations]

Now my question is, how do I ask the user question number 2 multiple times up to what they chose in question 1?

Say the user choose 3 for Question 1. The survery would then ask them...

Location 1 [Dropdown with a list of locations]
Location 2 [Dropdown with a list of locations]
Location 3 [Dropdown with a list of locations]

I hope this makes sense. I'm not neccessarily looking for someone to tell me exactly what to do, but maybe point me in the right direction? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Dan

Oh, and I'm using LimeSurvey v2.05+
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Base number of next questions on last answer? Not sure how to ask this... 6 months 3 weeks ago #106867

I may have put this in the wrong spot, I just realized there is a "Can I do this..." section.

Base number of next questions on last answer? Not sure how to ask this... 6 months 3 weeks ago #106877

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
Hi,

You have to copy/paste your second question 5 times. ANd in each you can put this in relevance equation:
Q1>0 for the frist
Q1>1 the 2nd
Q1>2 the 3rd
etc ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverseTurtle

Base number of next questions on last answer? Not sure how to ask this... 6 months 3 weeks ago #106878

Thanks for the quick reply!

I actually figured out how to do it, and was about to come remove this post..

Thanks again though :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image