Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Unable to remove "This question is mandatory" text

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #106515 by tpartner
Assuming you have sufficient permissions, you can export the survey - manual.limesurvey.org/Creating_surveys_-...ction#Common_Buttons

And export the template - manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_edito...rt.2FCopy_a_Template

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
  • Rramjet
  • Rramjet's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #106516 by Rramjet
Thank you!

Here they are...
  • Rramjet
More
9 years 11 months ago #106517 by Rramjet
I have found why the message normally appears. It appears when a user attempts to advance without completing a mandatory question.

However, in perview group mode, this should not be the case (i.e. no "user" has attempted to advance anywhere).
  • tpartner
More
9 years 11 months ago #106518 by tpartner
Can you please attach a copy of the survey with only the offending group? I don't have time to go through a great long survey ;)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Rramjet
More
9 years 11 months ago #106519 by Rramjet
Sorry ... lots to learn obviously!

Hopefully this is the one.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #106521 by tpartner
Well, I don't have an answer - it's gotta be a bug.

The bad news is that there are no more bug fixes for LS 2.0. The good news is that it only happens when reviewing the group, not when executing the survey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by tpartner.
  • Rramjet
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #106522 by Rramjet
Yes, the good news is it does not affect the execution! It is merely annoying when trying to get a sense of design and feel for the user experience of that section. Now I will go and find out if I add another group if the behaviour promugates or is confined to just the second group. I'll get back to you on that ASAP and then we can close this discussion I guess.

ETA: Nope, doesn't promulgate to a newly created group. It is specific to just that second group.

So, Now I will leave you with the conundrum (sorry 'bout that!) and thank you formally for your time (I appreciate it very much) and i will decide whether it is worth my while recreating the group as new or to just live with the inconvenience...

Is there a way of the poster marking a post to indicate that the issue has been resolved / not resolved but still concluded / not solved action still required (or similar) ?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Rramjet. Reason: Edited to add
  • Rramjet
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #106535 by Rramjet
More information:

I created a whole new section (group 2 made from scratch). It previewed and tested perfectly. Then I deleted the existing group 2 (ostensibly the one with the bug in it) and re-ordered the new group into the old gropup 2 position. Then the bug reappeared!!! So it has something to do with the POSITION - not the content -no matter what is in that position - it will have the bug in it.

I know you say there are to be no more bug fixes for LimeSurvey version 2 ...but you will need to fix it in the next version surely?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Rramjet.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 11 months ago #106540 by DenisChenu
Really strange issue ...

Can you provide the lss file example or a link to the survey ?

Denis
PS: your LimeSurvey version please .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 11 months ago #106549 by tpartner
Hi Denis, the group is attached above and I can reproduce the problem on 2.0 - 131206.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Rramjet
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #106554 by Rramjet
Hi again - More info...

I have added some conditions to three of the questions in the group (visible only if the first equals yes) and the behaviour of the group is just what it should be in test mode (even when it is either the first question that is missed or one of the questions with the conditions or any other question or multiples thereof). In other words, the bug in group 2 position's preview mode that creates the "This question is mandatory" text does not seem to affect how the survey acts or reacts under test conditions (and hopefully won't when we go live).

Thankfully then it does not seem to be a fatal bug, however, that being stated, there was one test I did that proved fatal for the survey (when the initial question was missed) - and that was the first test after I recreated, deleted and repositioned (as in my previous post). The survey got stuck in a "This question is mandatory" loop and no matter what I selected or deselected in that group 2, it would not move on - and I was forced to close the survey altogether . However I cannot repoduce that behaviour and after that little scary moment all seems fine ...
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Rramjet.
More
5 years 2 months ago #178969 by MadhuraBL
I have the same issue with Version 2.67.3 and happens when previewed or when executed. For me this happens on the Conditional fields - when backward Navigation is enabled.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose