Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Array (texts) error

Array (texts) error 7 months 3 weeks ago #105684

• TAdams
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a lengthy survey with many question groups. Question 1 in the survey is a screener question to determine which groups the user will receive in the survey. A majority of the groups repeat the same questions. Group #20 question 10 is an array (texts) question that is 4 rows and 3 columns. If I program this specific question with 4 rows and 3 columns the survey breaks. That is, I make selections in question one and the survey will not paginate, it only loads the introduction page again. If I edit question 10 in group 20 to only have 4 rows and 2 columns or 3 rows and 3 columns, the survey will work. Question 1 will accept my selections and paginate to question 2.
I repeat this survey on an annual basis and this is the first year I have had this problem. It has taken me weeks to uncover the exact nature of the error.

Please help. We need to begin fielding very soon.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TAdams.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Array (texts) error 7 months 2 weeks ago #105852

• TAdams
  • Junior Lime
Hello all, I have spent many hours testing my survey as well as adding and deleting questions trying to get to the root of my problem. After many hours I have discovered I am having the same problem outlined in this post back in November of 2012:
TOPIC: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...n-error?limitstart=0

However, I am running LS 2.0..

Additionally, this survey is only an update of the survey I ran last year and it worked perfectly. I can't see any reason why an exact copy of the survey with updated text for 2014 would suddenly fail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Array (texts) error 7 months 2 weeks ago #105888

• TAdams
  • Junior Lime
It seems there was a bug report on this in 2012 on the 2.0 version. It says the issue was resolved but I am having the problem now.

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5901

Array (texts) error 7 months 2 weeks ago #105932

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 801
Can you attach an export of the survey for us to test?

If it's sensitive you can send me a private message.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Donation Image