Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys?

How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys? 9 months 2 weeks ago #104713

• voadicia
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a survey to be distributed to staff at several different units--the way I will distribute it is to email the link to management at these units, who will then send it out via their staff mailing lists (to which I do not have access). I need the data to be anonymous but still linked, i.e. I need to know if people who answered "purple" to question 1 are more likely to respond "blue" to question 2--rather than just knowing how many people answered "purple" to question 1 and how many people answered "blue" to question 2.

I am guessing that because I do not have individual staff email addresses I cannot use tokens to accomplish this. Is there another way of doing it?
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by voadicia. Reason: I thought that the original version sounded worse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys? 9 months 2 weeks ago #104714

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
Anonymous survey means that you can't connect a person with the results. However, the responses of each person are saved together, which means you can check how many of those who said purple in question 1 said blue in question two.

Each line in the results correspond to the answers of one person. The only thing you don't know is who the person behind these answers is.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: voadicia
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image