Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Place help text between question group and subquestions

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102781

Hi @all,

currently the help text in Citronade is displayed below the subquestions. However, for reasons of ease of use, I would like to display the help text between the question group and the subquestions (see the attached screenshot). Could anyone help me out?

Your help is highly appreciated!
Al
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102782

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 688
Can you not just add the "help" text to the "question" text?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102786

Thank you for your answer, Tony.
That would be the last resort, because it is quite inconsistent with the way all other questions are formatted.

I deduce from your answer, that the change I want is very difficult to implement?

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102788

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
No, not difficult at all. Do you want this for all array questions or only a specific question?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102791

It would work for all.

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102792

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Add this to the end of template.js:

$(document).ready(function(){
	$('.array-flexible-row').each(function(i) {
		$('div.question-text', this).after($('div.question-help', this));
	});
})

Cheers,
Tony Partner

The following user(s) said Thank You: FZ_Augsburg

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102798

Thank you so much, Tony!

If I may, I do have a follow up question: if I do not answer a mandatory question, a pop-up window appears, notifying that I have to answer certain questions. If I click OK, a red text above the subquestions appears reading reading something like "this question is mandatory. Please answer it". If I would like to change both texts (the one in the pop up, and the one in red), do you know how I could do that?

Anyway, your support is highly helpful! Thank you again.

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102800

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
You can customize the translation strings for those or create your own language - manual.limesurvey.org/How_to_translate_L...existing_translation
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102801

Very nice, thank you!

If I would like to display the help text between question and subquestion for a long free text, what do I insert in the above syntax instead of array-flexible-row? (long-free-text or free-text do not work)..

Thanks!

Place help text between question group and subquestions 4 months 1 day ago #102802

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Try text-long. Here is a full list of question classes - manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_edito..._of_question_classes
Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image