Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Embed images in outlook

Embed images in outlook 10 months 3 weeks ago #102252

• decibel
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Images included in the invite mail are not loaded/displayed by default in Outlook.

Users must agree to download the images in order to appear.

I've searched the forums and it appears that the AddEmbeddedImage instruction should be reviewed in common_helper.php

What should I add to this file in order to allow jpg/gif files to be loaded automatically within outlook.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Embed images in outlook 10 months 3 weeks ago #102254

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
I think it's a very bad idea to try to force the behaviour of an email client on a respondents computer. Their security settings should not be tampered with.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Embed images in outlook 10 months 3 weeks ago #102255

• decibel
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi tpartner,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I send dozens of surveys weekly in the company I work for, and the aim is not to alter security settings, but only to make header appear automatically so users identify the sender.

Headers are very important to show since they tell us which service/team manage the survey.

We do embed images easily for the newsletters (sent via Active Campaign), a feature allows us to embed images as long as we don not attach files to the mail.

Eventually, it's internal and there is no way that our participants receive suspicious content.

Again, massive thanks.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by decibel.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image