Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Resume later

Resume later 10 months 3 weeks ago #102102

• psoliveira
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!

I'm using Limesurvey 2.00+, on a Windows desktop with XAMPP (but also tried the demo.limesurvey.org).
I've made a test survey and it works fine, but when i try to resume later i have 2 problems:
1 - it remains on the survey (i would expect to go back to the index)
2 - when i select the survey (at the index) automatically opens the saved one, and i can't start a new one

I'm using anonymized responses.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102119

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 801
I don't understand the problem. I would think that by definition "resume later" would lead you back to the survey.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102161

• psoliveira
  • Fresh Lemon
Well, when i click "resume later" i need to enter a login a password, so i would expect to continue adding new surveys and when needed - at the beginning it appears the button "load unfinish survey" - i could resume the survey. Also i thought it was possible to save more than one survey.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102164

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
The intended use of the "Resume Later" function is to return you to the survey you are completing at the same place. It does not restart the survey.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by tpartner.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102166

• psoliveira
  • Fresh Lemon
Probably i'm not explaining myself correctly.
I don't want to restart the saved survey, i want to resume it.

Let´s assume that i have 5 surveys to add.
The first is completed.
The second i have to leave it unfinished.
The third also is completed.
The fourth is unfinished.
The fifth is completed.
Then i want to finish the second one from the point where was stopped.
And finally the fourth.

But somehow i can't do this, because after the resume later, every time i open the survey automatically opens the unfinished one and i can't add a new one.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102168

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I'm sorry, I cannot help. I don't understand why you would be running 5 cases of the survey concurrently.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102169

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 355
For what you are trying to do, you should use tokens. Because limesurvey saves your status of your survey in a cookie, how else should Limesurvey know, which one you have already started. So this works only for one interview...

I assume that you are doing some kind of data entry and not really filling in surveys. The best thing if you want to interrupt the survey and continue later in this case is use tokens. Here Limesurvey knows by the token which survey it is.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102172

• psoliveira
  • Fresh Lemon
Let's try again.

I want to make a survey where people would use the same computer (i'm using Limesurvey on a localhost) and the survey has to be anonymous.

In case someone has to leave his survey unfinished nobody else can use the computer until it's finished.

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102173

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 355
If they use the same computer with the same (Windows) account and the same Browser, Limesurvey will have set a cookie and the next respondent will start where the first respondent has finished. Unfortunately this is a general limitation of cookies and is not a Limesurvey specific problem. The software has no way to detect that there is a different person using the computer now. It just can detect that the respondent comes from the same machine, with the same browser and thus fires up the last unfinished questionnaire.

Your problem is that you want to use the same computer/account/browser, being able to resume a survey but it has to anonymous. The way you are trying to approach this is basically not possible.

You could give tokens to respondents without noting down who a token belongs to, so it would be anonymous as well.

In some way Limesurvey needs to be able to identify which questionnaire the respondent is referring to. This is usually possible via cookies, but in your case as the computer is used by various respondents, this is not possible. And I think this is not just a limitation of Limesurvey. I just don't see how this should be possible in general with the web based technologies available...
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: psoliveira

Resume later 10 months 2 weeks ago #102179

• psoliveira
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for the clarification, holch!

I'll try your suggestion.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image