Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Workaround for importing a survey template

Workaround for importing a survey template 8 months 1 week ago #101843

• Jannet
  • Junior Lime
Hi. I recently created a template in LS on website 1 that I now want to use on website 2. However, The admin console of LS on website 1, that has the template in it, is no longer working right: it doesn't show the main menu choises, so I can't go to the template menu to export the template. So, I can't export the template.
Is there a workaround to install the template in LS on website 2, without export-import? I guess I can copy the files in upload/template/template_name folder of website 1 to website 2 using ftp, but how should I go about this? I am thinking of making a template with the same name in LS on website 2, and then copying the template files from website 1 to website 2. Would that be the correct way to do this?
And are all the files of the template that I made in the upload/template/template_name folder?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Workaround for importing a survey template 8 months 1 week ago #101845

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
Yes, you should be able to simply copy the site1/upload/templates/yourTemplate directory to site2 via FTP.

You do not need to create a new template in site2 beforehand - after copying and refreshing you will find the template in the drop-downs of site2.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jannet

Workaround for importing a survey template 8 months 5 days ago #102036

• Jannet
  • Junior Lime
Thanks. Worked like a charm!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image