Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aligning welcome, end message and group description texts

Aligning welcome, end message and group description texts 1 year 4 weeks ago #101006

Hello,

I have made several surveys with LimeSurvey and everything works fine. However, since the welcome, end message and 1 group description texts are pretty long, I want to align them to the left to make them easier to read.
I tried to find the code responsible for this in the template editor (template: copy_of_default (so far I only removed the clear and exit button)), but I couldn't find it. Can someone please tell me which lines of code are responsible for this?

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aligning welcome, end message and group description texts 1 year 4 weeks ago #101008

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 826
These can be adjusted in template.css.

Welcome message - around line 488, change this:
td.survey-welcome {
    text-align: center;
}

End message - around line 613, change this:
.completed-text {
    font-size: small;
    text-align: center;
}

Group description - add this to the end of template.css:
.group-description {
    display: block;
    text-align: left;
}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RingCredible

Aligning welcome, end message and group description texts 1 year 4 weeks ago #101036

Thank you for your response, it was exactly what I was looking for!

However, now that I edited it I ran into another problem. Some of the sentences are quite long, and I was wondering if it is possible to set a maximum width to a text field (so that the sentences are broken into pieces automatically) to make the text easier to read.

Aligning welcome, end message and group description texts 1 year 4 weeks ago #101040

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 826
td.survey-welcome {
    text-align: left;
    max-width: 450px;
}

;)
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RingCredible
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Donation Image