Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Conditions using hidden equation not working properly

Conditions using hidden equation not working properly 1 year 2 months ago #97525

• aiseke
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I have Version 1.92+ Build 120815 through the U of Miami server. I am trying to set randomized conditions so that survey participants only see one version of an information packet. To do this I've created a hidden equation type question to randomly generate a number 1 to 3 by writing {rand(1,3)}

I then set conditions for the three subsequent questions such that the first is only shown when a number 1 is generated and so on. The relevance equations for these questions currently look like this: ((genno.NAOK == "1")) etc.

This is almost sort of working: a random number is generated and only one info packet comes up at a time. However, the number's never match the same packet. So though I've set 1 to match packet 1, 2 will come up with 3, 1 with 2, 3 with 2 etc, different everytime. Something's off and I've been searching forums, but I've only found instructions to exactly what I've tried. I need this to match so that when I get my data I know exactly what information was shown the participant as it's intended as an experimental condition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

best,

Julia
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Conditions using hidden equation not working properly 1 year 2 months ago #97556

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 787
Try this for genno, so it only gets set once:
{if(genno >= 1, genno, rand(1, 3))}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by tpartner.

Conditions using hidden equation not working properly 1 year 2 months ago #97567

• trivender
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 6
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...e_Question_Per_Group

Import sample survey nd modify according to your requirement.
Trivender Singh
Survey Designer and Programmer
"I always suggest to have a group by group display layout and create a seprate group for each question. This will be extra work but you will get flexiblity to create your question by using more than more lime survey question types."

Conditions using hidden equation not working properly 1 year 2 months ago #97573

• aiseke
  • Fresh Lemon
This appears to have fixed the problem. Many thanks for your help!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image