Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Relevance equation doesn't work if question code is a number

Relevance equation doesn't work if question code is a number 1 year 3 months ago #95160

• pweldon
  • Fresh Lemon
Apologies if this is in the manual - I didn't spot it. Latest version of Limesurvey 2

[5.NAOK == "Y"] - this equation (written without the square brackets) doesn't work. But if the question code is changed to Q5:

[Q5.NAOK == "Y"] - then no problem.

Curiously, if you use the old method of setting conditions for a question, what you see in the relevance equation box is additional brackets - [((5.NAOK == "Y"))] and this works.

I have no problem with it - but it would be useful to add in to the manual - It took a lot of head scratching before I realised what the issue was!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Relevance equation doesn't work if question code is a number 1 year 3 months ago #95164

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
I agree it is a hidden, but when you go to the QA page in LimeSurvey, you should see a warning about the invalid question code. I think the edit question screen should give a warning about question codes being duplicate or invalid. It is on the radar for future development. If you find a place where you think it should be in the manual, feel free to place it there yourself (it is a wiki).
---
Menno Dekker
The following user(s) said Thank You: pweldon

Relevance equation doesn't work if question code is a number 1 year 3 months ago #95216

• pweldon
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for that. I appreciate the confirmation. I wouldn't have liked to add anything to the wiki without being sure I was correct.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Donation Image