Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hide the end url from users

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94465

• Nathan86
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I do not know if there is an option that allows us to hide the end url from users. I want to collect the survey result with a script (located at the end url), but I do not want the user to see the url in the address bar of their browsers.

Is there a way to forward the end url instead of redirecting or have a separate url that does the job?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94466

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
Nathan,
This previous post may answer your question...

Another way is to embed your url into an iframe (in the survey completed screen).
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan86

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94468

• Nathan86
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Ben_V, thanks so much. I will try this later.

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94552

• Nathan86
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Ben_V,

I realize either iframe or ajax is client technology, so technically users can still find out the url to the script that collect the survey result. Moreover, they are able to find out any data I pass to the script, which could result in a security issue in my case. Do you know a server side solution that could achieve my requirement? Thanks so much.

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94556

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
If you use AJAX to call some PHP functions the end user won't see the code (only html prints if present). In addition, you can prevent your file from being called directly. (It's more secure than only keeping urls secret.)
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Hide the end url from users 1 year 4 months ago #94557

• Nathan86
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Ben_v,

Can you give more details? I am new to web development. As I understand, users are able to see the javascript code, and thus they are able to see the php file (which is the URL) that is called by the AJAX code.

What do you mean by "use AJAX to call some PHP functions"? I think javascript code is executed by the client browser. How is it possible to call PHP functions?

Can you give me more details on "prevent file from being called directly"? I really do not know how to do it.

Thank you.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Donation Image