Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Array by column question with the posibility of multiple choice answers

Array by column question with the posibility of multiple choice answers 1 year 4 weeks ago #94108

• marierioux
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi guys, I am presently trying to design a certain type of question but I am having lots of trouble :( . The version I am working with is 2.00+Build 130305.

So first, I would like to have an 'array by column' question where I can 'check' multiple choice answers (the one I've just created with 'array by column' is perfect but does'nt give me the posibility to 'check' more than one answer per Y column).

Second, I would like that if the answer to the previous question is 'yes', than a new question pops out directly after checking 'yes' to each previous statement.

Third, I have certain questions that need to be ask 'TO ALL' people answering the questionnaire whatever the previous answers are. I have lots of scenarios so it is difficult to set conditions for all the scenarios. And if I don't set conditions at all, the question does'nt pop out where it should be but instead is in the questionnaire since the very beggining.

Thanks a lot
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by marierioux.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Array by column question with the posibility of multiple choice answers 1 year 3 weeks ago #94137

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 715
Hello,
marierioux wrote:
So first, I would like to have an 'array by column' question where I can 'check' multiple choice answers (the one I've just created with 'array by column' is perfect but does'nt give me the posibility to 'check' more than one answer per Y column).
Use Checkbox layout on a Array(numbers).

For other question, i don't understand what you want. Please provide some example.

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: marierioux

Array by column question with the posibility of multiple choice answers 1 year 3 weeks ago #94148

• marierioux
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks DenisChenu, my first problem is solved by a normal array question with a switch of axes. As for the others:

1- I have a question A containing several subquestions that can be answered by yes, no or I don't know (array form). If the answer to question A (first subquestion) is yes, I need to have question B that pops out right away. For example, if A is: Are you exporting? and the answer to the first subquestion is yes, question B: In what sector? needs to pop out and beeing answered at. Then the person needs to continue answering the other subquestions of question A with the same principle. I hope I'm more clear...

2- How do I set a question that needs to be asked to ALL the people taking the survey? For example, at the begginning of the survey I ask, question C: How many overseas sites do you have? If the answer is 1, the person goes on a certain path of questions. If the answer is 2 or more, they go on a different set of questions. Like that, I can seperate 2 different sets of profile (actually I have more but it's just easier to say 2 for the example). After answering the different questions for their own path all the persons, whatever the path, need to answer question Z: How old is your company? How do I set that? so the question is not always in the questionnaire but pops out at the good time for ALL the different agents profiles...

Thanks

Array by column question with the posibility of multiple choice answers 1 year 3 weeks ago #94155

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
1) You will need to create a question "B" for each question "A" sub-question. Th "B"s can then be shown with conditions based on their corresponding "A" sub-question.

2) Just place your question "C" in its own group after all of the other questions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marierioux
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image