Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 8 months ago #92993

• TomTom82
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there,

I am still using the final 1.92 and just noticed, that there seems to be a template bug:

I have created my own template from a copy of the default template and it seems, that on the final page of the survey (when the survey responses have been saved and the survey is over), there is a <br /> tag automatically inserted, leaving an ugly gap in my design.
This <br /> does not appear in the template editor but only in the "real survey". Not only is it the visible gap but the <br /> tag is in the page source code of the real survey. It seems to be located between completed.pstpl and endpage.pstpl.
I would really love to get rid of this <br /> tag but don't know how?!

Any help appreaciated :)

Thomas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 8 months ago #92994

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
If it doesn't show in the template files, then it must be in the survey.

Have a look at the text for the end text in source view (switch off the WYSIWYG editor. You'll probably find a "br" tag there.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 8 months ago #92997

• TomTom82
  • Fresh Lemon
@ holch:
I have removed every bit of text from the end post (in source view) - no luck (didn't even find a <br/> tag there).
I am quite sure it's a bug, because also in the preview window in the template editor, everythings fine. The problem only exists in the "real survey file".

I wonder, if this might have to to with the navigator.pstpl? Because navigator.pstpl is used in all pages except the final page I am having problems with and the <br /> tag seems to be in the exact spot, where the navigator.pstpl would be inserted - between completed.pstpl and endpage.pstpl!

:(

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93015

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
Try the default theme. If there is still this br tag, then we can talk about a bug. However, but in 99% of the cases when I hear "I created my own theme" the problem is somewhere within the custom theme. Thus, before you submit a bug report try the default them that came with LS (and update to the latest version of LS, at least of 1.92) before you check.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93017

• TomTom82
  • Fresh Lemon
As I said, I am already using the final 1.92 version (Version 1.92+ Build 120919 to be exact).
So here are the results from trying the whole thing with the default theme that came with LS:

content of completed.pstpl (default theme, file directly from server)
content of endpage.pstpl (default theme, file directly from server)

So, now here is the page sourcecode (lower third) of the actual final page of my survey, taken with firefox 19.0:
sourcecode (lower third) of actual final survey page

If the completed.pstpl is simply connected with the endpage.pstpl for this final page (as I assume), then one can see that there is a <br /> tag in the final page which neither comes from the completed.pstpl nor the endpage.pstpl file.

So the issue also exists with the default theme, not just with my modification of the default theme.

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93022

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release. If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...
  1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93026

• TomTom82
  • Fresh Lemon
@ Mazi:
I am sorry but on my main installation I don't want to upgrade to 2.00 just yet. I do however have another webspace with LS 2.00 installed where I can test the whole issue again and open a ticket at the bugtracker. Still, right now I am mainly intersted in a fix for this issue for LS Version 1.92+ Build 120919.
So, if I open a ticket for this issue in LS 2.00 (if it exists), will I get a fix for my Version 1.92+ Build 120919 at all?! :unsure:

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93029

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
There are no more fixes for Limesurvey 1.92 since 6 or 7 months.

if this isn't fixed at Limesurvey 2, please open a ticket and we will fix this soon.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93031

• TomTom82
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, I had tested in Version 2.00+ Build 130219 and this problem still exists there - not only with the default template and my modification of it but with the bluengrey template also (so I assumed, it is probably a general template problem).
I then did some searching in the limesurvey files (of my LS 1.92installation) for the term "completed.pstl" and found this piece of code in the file group.php:
echo templatereplace(file_get_contents("$thistpl/completed.pstpl"));
        echo "\n<br />\n";

Simply deleting the line
echo "\n<br />\n";
(seems to have) solved my problem without any adverse affects and, for now, I'm a happy camper B)

So two last questions:
1.) Does anyone think that my solution ist not a good idea? (And if so, please be specific)
2.) Do I still 'have to' open a ticket on the bugtracker?

Thanks

Thomas

Template: <br /> automatically inserted on final survey page, messing up design 1 year 7 months ago #93032

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
1. Your solution should fix the problem.

2. Yes, please open a ticket at the bugtracker. Limesurvey should NOT create any line break, instead the user should be able to handle that at the template.
Please post the link to the bugtracker ticket here afterwards. Thanks!

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Donation Image