Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: End URL Passthru - issues/errors - 2.00 - Build130213

End URL Passthru - issues/errors - 2.00 - Build130213 1 year 8 months ago #92795

• yw1
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

Recently I upgraded a LS 1.9x installation to 2.00, version specified pretty successfully after following the recommended upgrade guide and path. No major issues to note except for this End URL passthru issue.

The problem I'm experiencing is that there's a lot of variable undefined error.

I've been referring to this: docs.limesurvey.org/URL+fields#Passthrou...Survey_2.x_or_later_

I see during the upgrade process, it regenerated the URLs to use the new {passthru:variable} placeholder which is fine and dandy. In the wiki page above, it says it now requires the passthru variables to be entered into the Panel Integration tab for each survey, alright fair enough.

After fulfilling all the requirements, I'm still experiencing these Undefined variable error. I disabled the auto forwarding to perform the debug.

Attached are screenshots from the corresponding surveys and output post-survey.

ScreenShot2013-02-18at6.28.23PM.png

ScreenShot2013-02-18at6.28.47PM.png

ScreenShot2013-02-18at6.29.09PM.png

--
URL to access survey including passthru variables:
http://fdasfdsa/ls/index.php/55749/lang-en?studyname=something&id=11422&name=something&counter=0

Here's the HTML output post-survey:
<p class="url"><a href='https://....php?return=yes&id=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='[java18212X14X218][G:0][Q:0]: ID; value=114' style='color: #996600; font-weight: bold' onclick='window.open("/LS/index.php/admin/survey/sa/view/surveyid/18212/gid/14/qid/218");'>id</span></span>&studyname=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>studyname</span></span></span>&counter=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>counter</span></span></span>'>https://somedomain.ca/somesurvey/index.php?page=members&return=yes&id=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='[java18212X14X218][G:0][Q:0]: ID; value=114' style='color: #996600; font-weight: bold' onclick='window.open("/LS/index.php/admin/survey/sa/view/surveyid/18212/gid/14/qid/218");'>id</span></span>&studyname=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>studyname</span></span></span>&counter=<span style='background-color: #eee8aa;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>PASSTHRU</span></span> : <span title='Undefined variable' style='border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-color: red;'><span title='Undefined variable' style='color: red; font-weight: bold'>counter</span></span></span></a></p>

Any ideas why this might be happening?

PS, why is it so difficult to find the site/forum registration page from within the forums?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by yw1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

End URL Passthru - issues/errors - 2.00 - Build130213 1 year 5 months ago #95854

• justin
  • Fresh Lemon
Did you find a resolution for this? We're having exactly the same problem. I'm trying it on demo.limesurvey.org and have the same problem you have.

End URL Passthru - issues/errors - 2.00 - Build130213 1 year 5 months ago #95855

• justin
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok I might have figured this out. If you have Automatically load URL when survey complete? set to No (so it shows the completion page), it doesn't work. If you have it set to Yes, it will redirect properly. Perhaps this is a bug?

I'm guessing it's related to scope -- the completion page is generating the URL for display, but may not have access to the special pass-through variables at that point.

End URL Passthru - issues/errors - 2.00 - Build130213 1 year 5 months ago #95870

• justin
  • Fresh Lemon
For those monitoring this post, here are the bugs I filed related to this:

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7827
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7826
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Donation Image