Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00?

Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92480

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm using a quota of 0 for a yes/no question to eliminate ineligible survey-takers. It works, but there are 2 issues:

1. The manual section on quotas describes Quota Name, Quota Limit, Quota Action (Terminate survey, terminate survey with warning), Autoload URL, Quota Message, URL, & URL Description. The actual available settings for Edit Quota in Limesurvey 2.00 are Quota Name, Quota Limit, Quota Action (Terminate survey, terminate survey with warning), Autoload URL, Quota Message (with a larger textbox), Quota Message (a second, smaller textbox) & URL Description. In other words, no URL, but TWO Quota Messages. Entering the URL in the URL Description text box (when Autoload URL is checked) makes that URL appear along with the quota message when the survey-taker checks "no" on my quota question. Entering anything in the second Quota Message text box (i.e., the smaller Quota Message text box)seems to have no effect at all. There seems to be no way to enter an actual URL description.
So, I've figured out how to make the URL appear, but it looks to me like there are some mislabeling problems in Edit Quota.

2. The "terminate survey with warning" option allows the survey-taker to click on "previous", so that he/she can change his/her response to the quota question. This is what I want, as I don't want to lose eligible survey-takers who clicked on "no" by mistake. However, clicking on "previous" makes the question IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING the quota question appear, rather than the actual quota question (which comes up next, after the survey-taker gets past the preceding question again). I think this is disorientating for the survey-taker, who is confronted for the second time with a question that has nothing to do with the quota. Any way to make the quota question itself show up, rather than the question before it?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92485

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Hello,

If you are on Build 130206, please fill a bug report.

Denis

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92523

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
Denis, I'm on Build 121213, not 130206.

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92524

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 380
This means that you are not on the latest build and this might also be resolved.

So before filing a bug report you should update and see if the problem persists. If it still appears on the latest built, then file a bug report.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92541

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
Yes, I understand that perhaps (or perhaps not) the bug has been fixed in the latest version. However, we are new to Limesurvey, and not sure about how updating affects our current surveys, particularly mine, which we want to start using very soon. Would I import it to the new version? Copy it? Start from scratch? Presumably global settings have to be reset? (We're under some time pressure, and are hesitant to make changes when we're unfamiliar with the process.)

Thanks so much!

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92553

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
There is a simple 3 step process for updating. You basically only need to go to "Global Settings". At the bottom there is a part that says "Updates".

Click on "Check now". You should be informed with a red alert at the top right corner of Limesurvey that there is a new version or also under Updates (not sure now), but you'll see it.

You will be offered to use the some 3 step quick update or something. This is usually save to do and should cause no problems. But as always, it is good to have a backup of your most important things (surveys, results, etc.). So I'd export them, which is good anyway, so you have them saved for documentation.

I have done the Update Process many times and never has it caused any problems. I won't say that it can't cause problems. But if it would do, the forum would be full of complaints. So updating within the same version (LS 1.9x, LS 2.0, etc) shouldn't be a big deal. Among versions shouldn't be a big deal either but I can imagine more things that can go wrong (LS 1.9x to LS 2.0, eg.).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92554

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
So it is up to you: live with the current version and the problem or upgrade and see if the problem has been solved (no guarantee obviously).

But if you don't have the latest version it is very hard for the developers to check for the error.

Re: Is there a glitch in QUOTAS for Limesurvey 2.00? 1 year 9 months ago #92555

• sD960
  • Senior Lime
Thanks, this is helpful information. Not sure which way we'll go, but if we do upgrade and the problem persists, I'll report the bug.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image