Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey cannot be submitted

Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91564

• abroadwin
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I've been having an issue with a survey where, upon submission, the page simply refreshes and leaves the values filled in. A completed survey responses is never submitted.

I've tried checking the survey logic and found no errors. I also tried resetting all conditions/relevance equations and the problem still persists. I then tried updating LimeSurvey to a newer version (Version 2.00+ Build 130116) but again the problem persisted.

Is this a known issue, or is there any way for me to tell why it isn't submitting? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

~~ Alex
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91569

• Samba
  • Junior Lime
Hi,

A new update has jus been released, (Build 130122), please update to than and check if the issue still persists..

If its still the same then please post a direct or demo link for the survey if you can.

Regards,
Samba

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91571

• abroadwin
  • Fresh Lemon
Updated to the latest build and the problem still persists :(

I've made a copy of the survey for you to test. The registration/applicant code field expects a value of the form [A-Z](3)[0-9](3), such as ZZZ000. Also, for your convenience, here is a 50 word block of text for the questions with word minimums:

"Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word"

The survey can be found here: www.acuitus-veterans.com/surveyapp/index.php/263624/lang-en

Thank you so much for your time and for your prompt reply. I very much appreciate it.

~~ Alex

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91574

• Samba
  • Junior Lime
Hi,
I tried all the permutations and combinations (conditions wise) but there is no differebce in the survey behaviour.

I think if possible you can attach the survey export file so that it can be tested on known systems, then i'm sure someone can point out the missing link (unless its a bug).

Regards,
Samba

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91576

• abroadwin
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks so much for taking the time to try all that.

I've attached an export of the survey structure.

~~ Alex
Attachments:

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91582

• Samba
  • Junior Lime
Hi,

There is something with the validations of the following questions
  • Level of interest?

• What two subjects did you do best in at school?

• What two subjects most interested you?

• Why did you not do well at that subject?

• What do you think being an IT is all about? What are the top two reasons why you are interested in a career in IT? What do you think your daily responsibilities would include as a network or system administrator for a Fortune 500 company?

When i deleted the validations for these, the survey could be submitted on our system, so i'm sure that the correct validations should do the job!

Regards,
Samba

Re: Survey cannot be submitted 1 year 9 months ago #91588

• abroadwin
  • Fresh Lemon
You're amazing! That did it! Turns out that the validation used the word count regex found in the limesurvey docs, but they didn't work properly with the max word count set to 5000. Setting it to 500 works. Odd, because it works when the javascript is validating the field but not when submitting...

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. My boss and I both thank you heartily!

Sincerely,
Alex
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Donation Image