Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Data/questions are not beeing saved the first time

Data/questions are not beeing saved the first time 1 year 8 months ago #91011

• mprins
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm having a very strange issue, and I'm running out of ideas, so I hope someone can help me.

The first time i submit a page (when running a survey), it looks like my status is not being saved.

This always happens, no matter what the first page is (the welcome text, or just a question group). The only thing which does change, is the template color. When staring the survey, the page is green (D2F2D3). After the reload the page is blue (#D2E0F2).
The issue also occurs when I'm using the "execute this survey" button, or the "Test this survey".

I'm having this issue on 2 different installations (Win & Linux), and all the surveys I'm creating.
I'm using PHP 5.3, and MySQL 5.5.

Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

If I need to give you more information, please let me know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Data/questions are not beeing saved the first time 1 year 8 months ago #91015

• helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 18
You may want to signup for the bug tool that Lime uses (bugs.limesurvey.org/main_page.php). This sounds very serious.

Re: Data/questions are not beeing saved the first time 1 year 8 months ago #91087

• mprins
  • Fresh Lemon
It looks like I have found the cause of the issues :D
After each fresh install, I directly configured my own template. Today I didn't, and it worked, so I replaced the default template with my own template, file by file, and then found the cause, it was/is my template :|

The error was made in "startpage.pstpl", I placed (copy-paste) a php tag in the template, which was (logically) displayed as following:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />

Why this caused the first question(group) no to be saved the first time, is still unclear to me. I have tried it with multiple browsers, and all didn't save the first question(group) the first time. After removing this line, the entire survey just behaves like you expect it be behave.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by mprins.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Donation Image