Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to preview / skips to the end

Re: Unable to preview / skips to the end 1 year 10 months ago #91124

• helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 18
Apparently I have misspoke about not having any issue with the debug settings at "2" - seems that we do not have any method to troubleshoot import and exporting of templates while this setting is at "2" (see my bug report: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7180).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to preview / skips to the end 1 year 10 months ago #91295

• mvdct
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

As ever, thanks for the reply.

I have updated the config.php file. Very easy to do thanks to your instructions.

But having looked at bug reports 7161 and 7180 I wonder if its best to change the setting back from 2 to 0!

Any thoughts?

Re: Unable to preview / skips to the end 1 year 10 months ago #91311

• helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 18
The crew at Lime has fixed a couple of the debug related bugs, however, the suggestion to turn on debugging should be a decision for a temporary "look" to see if there are errors that would not normally be reported. My recommendation would be to turn this on, look for any errors, then turn it back off.

Re: Unable to preview / skips to the end 1 year 10 months ago #91344

• mvdct
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Makes sense. Thanks. I'll adopt this policy.

I should be clear. I think we have resolved the original problem. Thanks for your help this. However I thought you might be interested in some further developments in this area.

First, recalling the original problem: I gave students 'question groups' (*.lsgs) to upload into a new survey. When they did this and they previewed their new surveys, the survey only showed the welcome screen and the first question group of the survey before skipping to the end. Well, another student uploaded her question groups this morning. I then previewed her questionnaire. The same behaviour took place as described above.

i. Interestingly, even though the config was set to 2 no error was reported!

ii. I then used limesurvey to rearrange the question groups. I changed one or two of their positions and saved the new order. I then previewed the survey again and this time the survey 'almost' successfully previewed. I say almost as two thirds of the way through the preview it produced a php error (see attached). I can only assume that this error was not related to the original problem as it was so much further on in the survey. But it does make me wonder if the original problem actually has something to do with limesurvey not having a confirmed record of the order in which the question groups are meant to appear in.

iii. One final interesting thing. Without changing anything, I then previewed the same questionnaire again. This time no php error. I logged out and logged in again. And previewed as before. Again, no php error. Does the engine only report an error once?

I'd be interested to know your thoughts about i, ii and iii.

Best...

[for some reason, i can't attach the pdf!]
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by mvdct.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image