Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adjusting the width of the default admin page

Adjusting the width of the default admin page 1 year 8 months ago #90715

• durangod
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi i have a big monitor so its no problem with me viewing the wide page but i prefer that my pages not have to be that wide as i do several tasks on the same monitor and i need some work space. Its just inconvienent to have the admin page that wide.

I have tried adjusting the colums as far as the content choices with the select colums icon but the page is still set to be wide and i have to scroll all the way over to the right to log out or work on my surveys.

How do i set that default admin page so it is not so wide?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adjusting the width of the default admin page 1 year 8 months ago #90719

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 239
Hi,
you can adapt the following css code (using css media queries) to fit your needs.
Paste it at the end of your adminstyle.css file
@media screen and (min-width:1300px){
body{max-width:80%}
}

After, using javascript, you can resize automatically the screen size when the window is open
<script> window.resizeTo(500,700);</script>
You can add adequate statements based on your screen size or user-agent.
For example:
if (screen.width >=1300)
window.resizeTo(500,700);

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: Adjusting the width of the default admin page 1 year 8 months ago #90722

• durangod
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks, the css addition works well with the main page once you log in, the only real page i was having issues with is the survey list page (default admin page) after you log in and click the default admin page you see a list of your surveys, thats the only real page that is way too wide, all the others are ok especially now that i set them to 80% again thanks for that.

I have removed some of the colums using the fields icon option for the chart but even with limited colums it does not change the overall width of the table. So thats where im looking is to find where that width is set.

im sure there is a nowrap or display inline so i would need to reduce the table width itself im thinking.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by durangod.

Re: Adjusting the width of the default admin page 1 year 8 months ago #90746

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
The problem is that the survey list table width is set in the jqgrid call and needs to be dynamic.

I've opened a bug report - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7150
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Adjusting the width of the default admin page 1 year 8 months ago #90750

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image