Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions

Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90271

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
I uploaded jpg and gif files into my questions and when I preview the question group they are all there and it seems fine - but if I activate the survey and take it as a participant they do not appear in the questionnaire (I see placeholders only). I have changed their rights (and all folders of upload) to 755 and 777 but still I can only see them in the admin screen. If I right-click the placeholder to open picture in a different tab I get a 404 Error. What did I do wrong? I uploaded according to the guidelines.
the pictures were sucessfully uploaded in mypage.com/LimeSurvey/upload/surveys/279371/images/
as always any help appreciated, I couldn't find anything similar in the forums-
many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90272

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 804
What is the (broken) path to the images in the activated survey.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90274

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
it's the same path where I found the pix on my server:
mypage.com/Screening/Survey/upload/surve...79371/images/xxx.jpg

Re: Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90275

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, that's odd. A valid path to a file shouldn't be affected by activating the survey.

Can you activate a dummy survey for us to test?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90289

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
ok, this is getting weirder - it took me a while because the dummy survey I set up from scratch using only gif files displayed its pictures as it should do.
Then I made a new dummy, copying my original questions using jpgs and adding 2 more new questions also using jpegs and activated that - and suddenly, a few of the "old" pictures are showing, others are not. the newly uploaded pictures are also showing.
they are now all jpegs, all uploaded the same way.

try this link:
applicantperformance.com/Screening/Surve...n/tk-6sqayw9hmhs5k56

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90291

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yes, that is weird. I don't understand how you can see the images when editing or previewing the question but not in the activated survey. The path to the images is the same when previewed or activated.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90292

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
A solution would to FTP the images up to that directory. (Cures the symptom, if not the disease.)
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcomx

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90293

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
I shall try that and report if problems persist - thanks!

Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 10 months ago #90384

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
ok, i FTP'ed the pictures and on my original survey in admin mode all looks fine, although I had to upload one jpeg twice to make it work. But I think I am getting closer to the problem now: when I copy the survey to run it as a test dummy, I can access it once it is activated and I invited myself - but I cannot find the according folder, hence there is no place where the pictures are stored. how is this happening? i use my FTP program and can't see the dummy's folder, I use my web server control centre and cannot see the dummy folder - all I see is the original survey folder of which i did the copy. but how come i can take the survey but do not see the folder? i guess here is the reason I get a 404 - there is no image folder as there is no survey folder...
any ideas on this and why I don't get a survey copy folder?

Re: Pb: Using Pictures in Questions 1 year 9 months ago #90604

• marcomx
  • Fresh Lemon
hi, I still cannot use the .jpg files in my questions. I started a new survey and imported the group with the same result: I cannot see them, now neither in the preview. Is this a problem with copying or downloading the group (i.e. img.-files or links to files are not downloaded when duplicating or exporting questions)?
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image