Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maximum lenght of question / subquestions and answer codes?

Maximum lenght of question / subquestions and answer codes? 1 year 7 months ago #90073

• cris_m
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there,

What is the maximum length of question / subquestions and answer codes in LimeSurvey 2?

The interface allows me to enter 20 characters for the question code, 20 for the subquestion code (options in Multiple choice questions) and 5 for the answer code (options in List questions). I seem to remember reading somewhere on the manual for v.1.92 that the length was shorter.

We need to know how to deal with some metadata, so the length of these fields is very important to us.

Thank you,
Cristina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Maximum lenght of question / subquestions and answer codes? 1 year 7 months ago #90096

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 745
No, I don't think they are shorter. The database field types are:

- lime_questions (title) - varchar(20)
- lime_answers (code) - varchar(5)

And sub-questions are in the lime_questions table so the allowed lengths are indeed:

Question codes - 20
Subquestion codes - 20
Answer codes - 5
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cris_m

Re: Maximum lenght of question / subquestions and answer codes? 1 year 7 months ago #90101

• cris_m
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you very much for the prompt response!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image