Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nested Questions

Nested Questions 1 year 10 months ago #89130

• cexim
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello. New to Lime Survey, and have some design questions about nesting different types of questions within a single multi-field question. As it is, the question of concern is of the Multiple Short Text type, and I would like to insert numeric-only fields and drop down boxes within it.

For instance, I have a business contact form that has 10 fields. Some of these are text, such as business name, city, etc. However, within this I also have a state and country field. I would like these fields use a drop down box with an array of answers. Also, there is a zip code field and an International SIC classification field. These two fields I would like to restrict to numeric input only. As is, the question is of the Multiple Short Text type, and I would like to insert numeric fields and drop down boxes within it.

To finish this off, I would like to add validation to the zip and SIC fields. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cexim
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cexim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Nested Questions 1 year 10 months ago #89140

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
You are asking for something called freeformat question type. Where you can mix questions types like typical for form creators.

Limesurvey isn't offering "question mixing" out of the box. You can group different
questions on one page, but that won't have the look and feel of an form.

There might be a few workarounds with javascript and css tricks. There are a few wizards of javascript in the forum who might can give you an idea. Perhaps you create the survey as far as possible and attach it to this thread. That way you rise your chances to get a workaround for you problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image