Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customize design of publicly accessible pages

Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88693

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
I would like to adapt the layout of all publicly (without being logged in) accessible pages in LS 2.0

So far I am aware of the following pages:
  • Login page: http://url/admin/admin.php
  • Main page where available surveys are shown
  • Is there any other page that I should be aware of?

Now, where do I change them? Is there a template file for those?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88751

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 790
Login page:

There is no template file for the structure of admin pages but you can change the look by selecting different templates at Global settings --> General --> Administration template.

You can create you own admin template by copying and modifying an existing template.

Main page where available surveys are shown:

The structure for this page is in upload/templates/yourtemplateDir/surveylist.pstpl.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88758

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Tony,

Thank you for the response. But this surveylist.pstpl will change with the survey template used? What happens if you have various templates and in all templates there is a "surveyls.pstpl"?

I will have a look at the administration template! Because I saw a very nicely designed login page from another user and I would like to adapt mine as well to fit the corporate design.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88760

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Holger,
But this surveylist.pstpl will change with the survey template used?

No, you can set a default template for this at Global settings --> General --> Default template.

Capture_2012-11-21.JPG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88764

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
I am aware of the default template. So the survey list basically depends only on the default template. This makes sense. Thanks!

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 10 months ago #88941

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
holch wrote:
I am aware of the default template. So the survey list basically depends only on the default template. This makes sense. Thanks!
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

;)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 8 months ago #91678

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Finally getting around to really work on this.

However, I am a little confused with the administration templates. There are basically only CSS files and there seems to be no way to work on the html code that is behind the admin.

I was searching the section in Limesurvey that defines the html coe around the Login Form, but I didn't find it.

Has anyone worked on the admin template and can give me a tip on where to look for?

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 8 months ago #91686

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 247
html code around the Login Form
...maybe you should have a look at
/application/views/admin/authentication/login.php
for v2 or..
/admin/login_check.php
for previous versions

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 8 months ago #91705

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Holch, as I said, "there is no template file for the structure of admin pages" so, without modifying the core files as Ben suggests, you can only change the look somewhat with CSS.

There was some discussion in a recent dev meeting about using a template engine (twig.sensiolabs.org/) for both front and back end interfaces but it's been put off for the time being.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Customize design of publicly accessible pages 1 year 8 months ago #91714

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Tpartner!

I am aware that there are no templates for the backend.

However, somewhere the HTML code must be hard coded into the backend files then and I had a hard time to find any html code. I will do some further research.

But after cleaning the css file of the standard template I think I can work with it. I might have to live with some compromise, but I'd rather do that then to risk to have to make corrections after each update, if I hardcode the changes.

While I would love to have a template for the backend, I think there are a lot more important things thank a template engine for this.

I just wanted to adapt the backend a little to our CI and make it a little more readable (add some contrast), so it easier to work with. I think so far i managed to do that.

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image