Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LS 2.00+: Question-level: "Get order from previous question" functionality

LS 2.00+: Question-level: "Get order from previous question" functionality 1 year 11 months ago #87480

I wasn't able to find documentation how to use this feature. I tried creating a basic 2-question survey.

Q1 is multiple choice
Q2 is multiple choice

I have made the same subquestions for each question.

I have randomized Q1 on each page load.

I have enabled Q2's "Get order from previous question" functionality and set the field to "Q1", which should theoretically be preserving the randomization order of the subquestions.

It doesn't appear to work. I have enabled randomization for Q2 also. I have given both Q1 and Q2 the same randomization group name in the Logic area. Still they are not consistent.

I've included the LS file.

Any further guidance on how to use this feature?

Thank you.
Attachments:
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LS 2.00+: Question-level: "Get order from previous question" functionality 1 year 11 months ago #87512

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I'm not sure if using the "Get order from previous question" functionality in combination with the "randomisation group" feature is possible at all.

Does it work when not using the "randomisation group" feature? If not, please file a bug report.
Our developers will hate you, because this is one of the most complex code parts. But anyway, if it doesn't work, it needs to be fixed.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 2.00+: Question-level: "Get order from previous question" functionality 1 year 11 months ago #87522

Mazi wrote:
I'm not sure if using the "Get order from previous question" functionality in combination with the "randomisation group" feature is possible at all.

Does it work when not using the "randomisation group" feature? If not, please file a bug report.
Our developers will hate you, because this is one of the most complex code parts. But anyway, if it doesn't work, it needs to be fixed.

I just added the "randomization group" part afterwards to see if that was the cause of it not working, but it did not help. So no, it does not appear to be working in either case.
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!

Re: LS 2.00+: Question-level: "Get order from previous question" functionality 1 year 11 months ago #87524

Here is the bug report with included survey file:

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=6796

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image