Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter

Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 4 weeks ago #87461

Here is the link to the bug report where I have uploaded a sample survey for LS2.

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=6787
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 4 weeks ago #87464

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Whole question validation should be
Q2_1.NAOK > Q1_1.NAOK && Q2_2.NAOK > Q1_2.NAOK && ...

Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 4 weeks ago #87466

Thanks TMSWhite, I check the documentation and try this again.

I'm having to re-learn a lot of things as my previous production version was before the introduction of EM and a lot of other features... but of course I can see this being much more powerful now.
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!

Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 4 weeks ago #87467

TMSWhite wrote:

You were absolutely right... this suffix did the trick.

However, the tip text doesn't seem to ever change. It always displays 'Good' no matter the input, either in purple, red, or green. Any idea why that could be?

Here's my question validation equation:
(this.NAOK/ 3) == floor(this.NAOK/3)

Here's my subquestion validation tip:
{if(!((this.NAOK/ 3) == floor(this.NAOK/3)),'Good','Bad')}

Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by spacejanitor.

Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 4 weeks ago #87468

TMSWhite wrote:

Sorry to keep re-replying here. It seems that even with the NAOK suffix and the syntax above, it's not letting me proceed unless ALL options in the array filter are selected. All highlighting is working fine, however.

So it appears that EM is trying to evaluate ALL the options regardless of whether or not they were array filtered, making it impossible to proceed if certain options were not selected.

How do we assess ONLY those options that actually appear to the user (ie, were NOT filtered out by the array filter)? The question contains all of those codes, yes, but because of array filter, it's possible that not all of them are able to ever be selected which seems to break EM's logic unless there's some other way to identify those unselected ones that I'm missing.

Here is my code:
(Q3_A.NAOK > Q2_A.NAOK) && (Q3_B.NAOK > Q2_B.NAOK) && (Q3_C.NAOK > Q2_C.NAOK)

I have tried this with .value, and .code as well. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the term in this context?

I've also attached the survey file.
Attachments:

Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by spacejanitor.

Aw: Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 1 week ago #88276

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
When setting a multiple numerical input mandatory every
cell has to be answered even when using the option "Value range allows missing" = yes with
Equals sum value = 100.

Is this a bug or is the bug sitting at the keyboard?

Aw: Re: Bug? Multiple numerical input w/ sub-question equation validation + array filter 2 years 1 week ago #88278

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Not a bug. Since mandatory must answer all parts. Value range allows missing is for when have min or max value constraints.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds
Donation Image