Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: testing a survey before activating

testing a survey before activating 1 year 11 months ago #87319

• disa8978
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
So here is the story. I got my user/domain from the university because I have to do a survey for an investigation. I am done with the survey but I need to show it to my teachers to get their approval and they are also checking how long does the survey takes and if it needs further changes. That is why I assume that I can't activate the survey. Is there a function to just share without activating?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: testing a survey before activating 1 year 11 months ago #87339

Well... I'm not an expert on this, but how about giving them the survey url without activating the survey? The survey will work just fine, it's just that the answers won't be stored.

Otherwise you can activate the survey and do a test run with the answers being saved, then export your survey using the export function and then reimport it to make nessesary changes, or just activate a new fresh one. Or, if there is nothing that needs to be changed, you could simply delete the answers after the test run to have a clean survey to start with.

Re: testing a survey before activating 1 year 11 months ago #87344

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
donidiotogrande wrote:
Well... I'm not an expert on this, but how about giving them the survey url without activating the survey? The survey will work just fine, it's just that the answers won't be stored.
You need to review some security/global parameters for this ("show only survey ....").

Second solution is good.

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image