Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same

Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86778

Hi. I'm working on setting up several variants of a survey. Most things are working well. However, the navigation button(s) are messed up and I do not know why.

I have:

1) Turned off the save / resume button
2) Turned off the close / exit button
3) Disabled the "back" button

So I'm left with a "forward" button only. Per the template setup & preview, this should be the standard gray button. I've spent hours trying to trouble-shoot, including doing an update on my LS version (am fully current).

Attached are two images. The first is what the navigation button looks like in the preview (in template design). The 2nd is what it looks like in production (note that the survey is not live).

From Template:
from-template.jpeg

From Survey:

from-survey.jpeg

I'm going batty. Any suggestions or help on this? I have no idea why it's blue.

Thanks,

-MM
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by McdanielMackenzie. Reason: eta attachments
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86782

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Hello,

Tested too, you're right : first thing to do : fill a bug report: seems template editor don't fill all information for survey.

And to change the color of button, you have to replace the file : jqueryui.css in your template: you can do it here : jqueryui.com/themeroller/.

Second solution is to "deactivate" the jquery-ui buttopn : just add in your template.js file :
function navbuttonsJqueryUi(){
    // Just deactivate default jquery-ui button
}

Denis

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86812

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86821

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
A general question: When we switched to the jquery UI buttons, did someone adjust all templates accordingly?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86837

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Tony do it for all template except citronade, i made it for citronade (deactivate jquery-ui button)

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86865

Thanks, Denis. Was out of town for the weekend and just sat down to knock out the bug report and see it's already been rectified. Appreciate the assistance.

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86866

Denis - you say:
And to change the color of button, you have to replace the file : jqueryui.css in your template: you can do it here : jqueryui.com/themeroller/.

For the sake of clarity....

... I don't have a file named jqueryui.css in any of my (edited template) folders. There is a file called jquery-ui-custom.css. Is this the appropriate file?

And is there a "best" way to get this file into the limesurvey/upload/templates/[template-name]/ folder? The upload function is deactivated for CSS files. I can do an override on my localhost using root. I generally try to avoid this since I figure there's a recommended approach but do let me know.

Thanks again.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by McdanielMackenzie.

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86869

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
The upload function is deactivated for CSS files.
?

It's the default behaviour ? I think you can upload css files (i understand for js file : some security issue, but css ???).

For name of jquery-ui css files, order of priority:
template/jquery-ui-custom.css
template/jquery-ui.css
default/jquery-ui.css

Maybe we have to move jquery-ui-custom.css to jquery-ui.css. I look to update docs page.

Denis

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86870

• kevinmark
  • Fresh Lemon
The upload function is deactivated for CSS files. I can do an override on my localhost using root. I generally try to avoid this since I figure there's a recommended approach but do let me know
Continue or Submit boxes are not visible. I now know where the Kindle download command button is, but on the other infrequently used sites, I roam the page and still do not find the command box to click on to move to the next page.

Re: Navigation Buttons - Reality and Preview in Template are not the same 2 years 1 month ago #86886

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
DenisChenu wrote:
i made it for citronade (deactivate jquery-ui button)
Can you simply de-activate the jquery UI buttons with one line of JS for any kind of template so that it will use the old, "common" buttons? Are there any side effects?

What was the reason for using jquery UI? There must be some advantage compared to the old buttons!?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Donation Image