Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Design issues regarding "yes/don't know/no" arrays

Design issues regarding "yes/don't know/no" arrays 1 year 6 months ago #86678

• docl
  • Fresh Lemon
Two questions regarding the "yes/don't know/no" arrays:

- Is it possible to change the order of "yes/don't know/no" array questions to "yes/no/don't know"?
Not that important - but most other surveys I have seen have this kind of question in this order..

- Is there another way of designing this "three option" array for a single question. As the array is designed now, you have one "main" question, and a list with subquestions. If you only have one question in the array you can either choose to repeat the same question both as the main ("header") question and the subquestion, or leave one of them empty. The latter however creates either an empty space for the header or an empty column in the array. Both solutions are not graphically in line with the rest of the survey. Hope the attached pic helps understanding what I am trying to write :-).

array.JPG
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by docl. Reason: added a question
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Design issues regarding "yes/don't know/no" arrays 1 year 6 months ago #86699

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
1) This question type is just an array question with pre-formatted labels. You can use a "regular' array question with your own labels.

2) To remove the sub-question labels, add this to the end of template.css, Replace "QQ" with the question ID
#questionQQ .answer thead td,
#questionQQ .answer tbody th {
	display: none;
}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docl
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Donation Image