Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Working with first template design

Working with first template design 2 years 1 week ago #85848

Hi folks. I've been poking around with the LimeSurvey package for the last week or so in my spare time. My prior experience was with Vovici and other enterprise systems so that is different, but workable. I'm an open-source kinda guy so I'm hoping I can make this work.

Anyway, I've managed to learn / figure-out the survey build component as well as the piping options. I'm now trying to learn the template editor aspects as well as CSS.

Firstly, is there a shortcut tutorial on how to work with things here?

More to the point, I'm looking at adjusting some aspects of the display. My CSS knowledge is poor.

The issue I'm faced with right now is - how to change the background of a page? For example, where I'm typing right now the message board has a green border around the outside of the page. I would like to know how to change this. And if possible, how to change this to a tiled image and/or a different html color.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for any help.

I'll keep reading my CSS handbook but if you could give me a shortcut it'd be appreciated.

-MM
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Working with first template design 2 years 5 days ago #86088

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 790
In this case, the CSS rule has been applied to the <html> element:
html {
    background: url("../images/bg.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #F0FBDB;
}

But you may be better off applying it to the <body> element.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image