Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error

Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 3 weeks ago #85184

• doodsonj
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Team,

I'm getting myself really confused as to why my survey is exhibiting a specific behaviour.

Sometimes when the 'Next' button is clicked at the bottom of a page, the following error message comes up "Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page."

When the error message is closed, the browser navigates back a few pages to a page that has already been answered.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks - James.

P.S. I am using: Version 1.92+ (testing in a Safari browser)

P.P.S. If we can work this out, then I'm happy to donate to the project (I'm sure I can put it on expenses!)

P.P.P.S. The specific survey that I'm referring to is here (usually occurs on the last page) : phd-research.limequery.com/index.php?sid...32&newtest=Y&lang=en
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 3 weeks ago #85185

• doodsonj
  • Junior Lime
Also - this issue seems to mainly occur when there has been a user response validation error on the last page (i.e. when one of the questions hasn't been answered on the last page).

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 3 weeks ago #85344

• doodsonj
  • Junior Lime
Hi all :)

I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this issue, as I'm still stuck and can't work it out at all! The questionnaire doesn't submit at all with this behaviour.

Any help would be mega appreciated and loved!

James :)
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by doodsonj.

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 2 weeks ago #85503

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
Can you reproduce the problem when using the default template?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 2 weeks ago #85507

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online demo which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please report back and attach your survey for testing.

Are there any conditions/relevance equations used for questions on the last page?

Does the "survey logic file" (docs.limesurvey.org/Show+Logic+File&stru...tions+for+LimeSurvey) list any errors?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 2 years 2 weeks ago #85545

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
Mazi wrote:
You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online demo which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
It's on limequery, the LimeService.

doodsonj i think you can contact limeservice support directly :) (at the top of the page of limeservice

Denis

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 1 year 10 months ago #87970

• Honame
  • Junior Lime
Hello!

I am getting the same error message: Please use the LimeSurvey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page... at some point in my survey...

I read in previous post about a bug which was solved or to be solved in a following version but I still get the same...
I tried in the demo site without success, I get a message saying something about memory allocation...

In any case, I am attaching the survey for anyone to test it. You can just press "Siguiente" the "MODULO I" in "MODULO II" question 2.1. select the eight thick boxes and the following pages just press "Siguiente" until you get the message and sometimes yo you two or three pages back...

Hope anyone can figure something out. Many thanks in advance...

Honame
20121108_BACK_UP.lss

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 1 year 10 months ago #87972

• Honame
  • Junior Lime
here the attachement...
20121108_BACK_UP.lss

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 1 year 10 months ago #87973

• Honame
  • Junior Lime
well, it seems i cannot attach the file :(

Re: Clicking 'Next' button brings up 'Back button' error 1 year 10 months ago #87997

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
Honame wrote:
well, it seems i cannot attach the file :(
Maybe you can use some "upload file" web site. :)
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Donation Image