Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)?

Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 11 months ago #85133

• Sartan
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
Is it possible to have some blanks side by side?

For example:

[First Name] [Last Name]

or

[BirthMonth Dropdown list] [Birthday short text blank] [BirthYear short text blank]

?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91611

• dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm looking for the same thing. Will post back if I find the answer. some question types (like multiple select) allow you you to designate the number of columns in which to show the answer - but the multiple short text type does not.

Did you find a resolution that worked in version 2.0?

-Nebraska David

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91648

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
How about an array-texts with one row?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91654

• dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
Yes, that would be the simplest solution. Too simple. :P

One limitation seems to be that you cannot set default "answers" to the sub-questions. (I would lke to include token attributes in the fields.) This is obviously because they are intended to be questions, but we are trying to use them as "answers" such as those in a form.

I was originally looking for something like a complex form, such as that represented by your work in this post: "TOPIC: Multiple question types in array modifiy." (misspelling purposeful)

I think this is the most flexible approach (you can use short-free text with default answers), however there are a couple of styling elements that I'm having trouble dealing with. For example, the solution assign a style to all yes/no questions on the page, not just those questions that are within the inline block. Also the width of the block is considerably smaller than that of the survey. I'm sure I can play around with it to get the look I want.

The suggestion about array texts - and the robust javascript solution detailed in the informative topic mentioned above - are both good examples of Tpartner's work. Thanks again.

- Nebraska David
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by dweisser.

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91675

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
Thanks for the kind words :blush:.

If you just have one row of assorted questions the "Multiple Q Types in Array" workaround may be a little overkill. It may be easier to just move the various inputs into a single question.

I think I've demonstrated that somewhere but if you can't find it, attach a sample group and screenshot and I'll give you a code snippet.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91677

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
I think I've demonstrated that somewhere
...maybe there
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: Blanks side by side (FirstName LastName; or BirthMonth BirthDay BirthYear)? 1 year 7 months ago #91752

• dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
I will have a look at this as well. Thank you.
Nebraska David
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image