Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manipulating multiple choice questions via CSS

Manipulating multiple choice questions via CSS 2 years 2 months ago #85057

• jay_ar
  • Fresh Lemon
I apologize for abusing the system, but I have a tight timeframe and can't afford to dedicate as much time as I normally do to exploring the web looking for answers. I've tried searching the forums, but I can't seem to find a relevant answer. The fact the query uses common terms doesn't help :(

So... the (idiotic) problem at hand is the following:

The "client" (my wife) needs to have something like this:
H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 Explanation
Q1 [ ] [x] [ ] [x] [ ] [An explanation ]
Q2 [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [Another explanation ]
Qn [ ] [x] [ ] [x] [ ] [ ]

That is, she needs the subject to tell which alternatives (H1..H5) apply to each of the items in (Q1..Qn), and give a short -or long- explanation of the answer. The explanation corresponds to the whole thing, not just the last alternative (H5).

The way I'm trying to tackle this is by using one of the workarounds to create a simple array of a multiple choice question ("multiple-opt") set to 5 columns, and a short text. I could use the "multiple choice with comments", but (a)it doesn't offer the option of having columns, and (b) there's a space for a comment per alternative, which I don't need. More importantly, I don't know how to manipulate this thing either :(

The question is: how do I control the width/spacing of the labels for the columns, and the spacing of the checkboxes?

Furthermore: is there -somewhere- a description of these "question classes". Where are these defined? (i.e. where is the code that says "if you have x number of columns, each one is to be placed at so and so coordinates"?
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by jay_ar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Donation Image