Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quit survey and empty your answers

Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84354

• peehoo
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry.. I am using finnish localized survey and I am not sure what that is english...

However... is there a way to prevent survey user quit survey and start it all over again from beginning? This is different scenario when you are continued your partly filled survey.

At this case you just wanna see questions -> try to find answers and come back.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84355

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
You could use tokens, then the user could come back and finish the survey. However, problem with this is that once you reach the end of the questionnaire, you can't go back.

What I did not understand completely: Do your users want to...

a) ... go through the survey and look at all the questions and then come back later to fill it in

b) ... go through the survey, fill in all the questions they can fill and then look up something and come back.

In case a) you could just use any open questionnaire, but you still need to make sure that they don't finish, because otherwise the "test run" will be counted as a complete and it will be difficult for you to find out if it is real data or not. In case b) I think the best solution is to use tokens.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84363

• peehoo
  • Fresh Lemon
All right my fault... I am trying to clarify myself :blush:.

I need this survey application for sport refereeing matters. So... What I am trying to do is that I am gonna do some written tests with Limesurvey. I have plan to do 2 types of surveys:

- Surveys where is no limitation of times. There is no matter how long you fill survey. And you can grab information where-ever you want BUT questions are more difficult and you might not see answers directly from rules but instead of that you have to implementate rules and try to figure out best solution what you can imagine yourself.

- Second type of surveys are time-limited when it is possible but all timing with different questions calculated. Ideal solution would be if every question can be limited with time but at the moment I see that only in free text questions.

Idea of this second one is that (assuming I cannot do time limitation for multiple choice questions) there is an ideal time for answer and you get full points. If you are using 2 much time you are losing points. So you have to know answers from your head and answer quite immeaditly - not finding from rulebook or from the web (which takes more time).

But if survey user can read all questions and then just quit it - find answers and come back - no good.

So I want:

- not allowing continue partly answered survey
- not allowing open survey twice if it has been opened once with his unique token (I am using tokens allready in my test enviroment)
- So... even if user computer is crashed then partly answered survey is saved and there is no way for user to continue that survey

And for your questions:

What I did not understand completely: Do your users want to...

a) ... go through the survey and look at all the questions and then come back later to fill it in
b) ... go through the survey, fill in all the questions they can fill and then look up something and come back.

a) NO, b) NO

And... I do not care what my users want. They really loves your a) and b) cases but I would like to denied that because I am making the rules :lol:.

Sorry my looong answer but did you get my point?

My other question conserning countdown issue is here:

Countdown question
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by peehoo.

Re: Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84509

• peehoo
  • Fresh Lemon
Can anybody help if this is possible? Plz!

Re: Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84588

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Maybe you can re-phrase your question in 2-3 sentences?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Quit survey and empty your answers 2 years 3 months ago #84595

• peehoo
  • Fresh Lemon
Is it possible deny users:

- Open survey and exit it without saving anything (and then starts all over again f.e next day)

So I want:

- not allowing continue partly answered survey
- not allowing open survey twice if it has been opened once with his unique token (I am using tokens allready in my test enviroment)
- So... even if user computer is crashed then partly answered survey is saved and there is no way for user to continue that survey (that is what I wanted)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image