Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English

Re: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English 2 years 1 month ago #84213

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
Yeah, this was the question. But when I read your post I became a little worried. Because the approach of Limesurvey to handle error messages and those tips is already very centralized, which makes it hard to customize it already. If we can't change the language files for certain installations anymore, this would mean that there is no way to customize this.

I also noticed that all the .po files are missing in newer installations...
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English 2 years 1 month ago #84215

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
@holch-

You can check with Carsten on details, but I think there is still a way to customize the language files (by editing and compiling the .po files yourself).

The .po files were removed because they were taking up a lot of space, and they were redundant since the .mo files were being auto-generated by translate.limesurvey.org, and you can export the .po files from translate.limesurvey.org.

Re: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English 2 years 1 month ago #84217

• Usapuka
  • Senior Lime
Thank you Tom,

I translated the .po and uploaded the .mo and now is working (not at beginning, when I sent my previus message).

Tip_correct_2012-08-02.PNG

The problem that remains (not big now because the languaje is correct) is when I put a Max or Min number for the answers and put "Hide tip"=Yes, the tips is still there.

Re: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English 2 years 1 month ago #84223

• gwiesner
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi All,

Just ugradded to LimeService 1.92 and have also noticed that 'hide tips' function is overruled if there are any validation rules. My survey is in English.

Not a huge problem, but sometime the tip is worded clunkily and is redundant/states the obvious.

Cheers.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image