Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Second Measuring (same inquiry, same participants) --> Test-Retest

Second Measuring (same inquiry, same participants) --> Test-Retest 2 years 1 week ago #83685

• Annevl
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear Lime-survey-helper,

4 Months ago 1000 persons filled in my inquiry. Today I have to send them a mail so that they can fill in the enquiry a second time so I can measure the reliability and predict somethings.

I've already imported the data in SPSS and deactivated my survey but all the data is still there.
How do I get rid off the first data so I can start fresh with a empty datafile for uploading the data of the second measurement?
Meanwhile, I would like to know how I will be able to link every person in the first inquiry with the data of the same person of the second inquiry in SPSS. They have to fill in their e-mailadress so that's the only way for me to recognize if it's the same person.

Thanks in advance,
Anne Van Loocke
Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Annevl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Second Measuring (same inquiry, same participants) --> Test-Retest 2 years 1 week ago #83688

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 290
Hi Anne,

If you deactivate a survey all data should be gone. Should this not be happening, then you could always copy the survey and create a new one.

In the first wave, did you use tokens or was it an open survey?

If you used tokens, you could give every person the same token code to identify them. Or you create a new token table where you include the email adress to identify them and to send them the new link. Later you can join the two databases based on the email or the token.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Second Measuring (same inquiry, same participants) --> Test-Retest 2 years 6 days ago #83722

• Annevl
  • Fresh Lemon
Hey!

Thanks for saying exact the words "deactivate". I thought by changing the data it would be enough but I really had to push the red button ;).

It was an open survey. I thought their would be a way to link the data through the email-adresses in SPSS. But does anyone know how? But you would suggest to make it a closed survey and make manually a table of all the email addresses I have. Wouldn't that be a lot of work since there are 1000 cases?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Second Measuring (same inquiry, same participants) --> Test-Retest 2 years 6 days ago #83728

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 290
Of course you can link the two data sets if there is a common ID. In your case this would be the email adress. However, you have to send out the invitation anyway, right? So you have their email adress from the last survey.

So I would create a closed survey this time and send the survey invitation to the collected email adresses.

There is not much work involved. You already have the email adresses in SPSS or excel, so create a CSV file that you can upload as a token table. Have a look in the manual under token. The token csv file has to have a certain format. But this should be done really quick.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Donation Image