Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"?

Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"? 2 years 1 month ago #83408

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Sorry for such as basic question but, as "execute" can also mean "kill", I thought I had better check first!

I have activated my survey, have generated tokens and sent out invitations.

When I did yet another "dummy run" after activation I spotted some errors that I had not noticed during pre-activation testing.

I have now corrected the wording of some of the multiple choice questions in my survey.

None of the participants has yet responded to these particular questions.

Only one participant has accessed the survey at all.

I noticed that "tip" for the "test cogwheel" in the admin interface now says "execute survey".

Q1: Do I need to "execute the survey" in order to "activate" the changes that I have made to the Survey Questions?

Q2: If I do this, are there any consequences for participants? In the scenario described above or in any other circumstance, eg. if any participants had already responded to these questions?

Best wishes,
Liz
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"? 2 years 1 month ago #83418

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
Your changes will be visible to respondents as soon as you save them. The wording in the tooltip is changed from "Test" to "Execute" because the survey has been activated so answers will be saved in the data.

You "executing" the survey will have no affect on other participants, it will simply add another response set.

The only way you will lose data is if you deactivate the survey. Use an expiry date instead.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrlyWrly

Re: Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"? 2 years 1 month ago #83423

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Many thanks tpartner!

So . . . "execute" means . . . something like . . . "test activated survey"?

On LimeService, rather than self-hosted Limesurvey, does "execute" actually add a response set? If it does, then I assume that it must be a "free" response set, as it is not using the data entry option?

The reason I ask is that I wondered if by "execute" I would be using up my free responses allowance and saw this info:

Limesevice Pricing

What is counted as a Survey Response?

A Survey Response is counted as such when one of the following events occurs:
  • when a survey participant fills out a total survey (0.5 are counted when the survey is started and the first question is answered and 0.5 when it is finally submitted by the participant)
  • when an administrator submits a response using the data entry feature
  • when an administrator marks an incomplete response as completed 0.5 of a response will be counted.

Best wishes,
Liz
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by CrlyWrly.

Re: Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"? 2 years 1 month ago #83425

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
So . . . "execute" means . . . something like . . . "test activated survey"?
Not exactly, it means respond to the survey, not test it.

You will need to contact LimeService support to ask about their pricing and charges - they are not directly connected to LimeSurvey.org
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrlyWrly

Re: Updating Survey after corrections - does "Execute" mean "Update"? 2 years 1 month ago #83430

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Thank you again tpartner :-)

I will ask LimeService for clarification of the second question.

Best wishes,
Liz
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image