Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language

Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82556

How do I get to type in special characters - "the fonts of an Indian language (Gujarati)"? When I test-run the question (preview) all I get to see is ??????????. Out here we use the Google - IME input method.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82578

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online demo which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please report back.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82593

Tried the it on the online Demo. No problems there but on my website it still shows ?????. Check it out on: www.sociomarketmetrics.in/limesurvey/ind...hp?sid=37182&lang=en. Please do help Marcel.

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82607

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Probably a server related issue, so ask such a question at a server admin forum.

Also have a look at the Limesurvey hosting at www.LimeService.com if you can't solve your problem.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82638

Yes the problem was with my website server settings. On installing and activating the utf8_unicode_ci file the fonts show up fine. Apologies to all for the inconvenience caused.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by sanjayrdesai.

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82709

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82718

Dear Marcel,

I am just stepping into the limesurvey waters -or shall we say ocean- and testing my survey successfully is still some distance away. If it works -& my heart tells me it will- rest assured of my financial support.

Re: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language 2 years 3 months ago #82863

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sounds great!

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image